GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you guys help me with some PC problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I've recently built a new PC, but transfered an older hard-drive, so I could keep my settings. However, the older PC was very buggy and crashed alot, but me and my dad thought it was a motherboard problem.
However, when I installed the Hard Drive, and try to load up my stuff, I normally get a crash, or a brief (quarter-second) blue screen and the PC restarts, which happens in both normal and safe modes.

Would any of you guys be able to tell me whether this is likely to be a Har Drive, or RAM (I transfered a small amount of that,too) problem, or what it is likely to be.

PS. I'm running Microsoft Window XP, and the Hard-Drive is a 20GB Seagate model.

Cheers for any help!
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
OK, I was gonna get a new Hard Drive anyway, and I can take the Ram I got out of the old PC out, as it was only 128mb, and I have a nice shiny new 512mb ddr 333mhz chip in there. :D
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
As a rule you shouldnt use an older hard drive that hasnt been reformatted in a new computer, it causes problems.
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Digging!"
What motherboard and RAM you got there?
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:22
Regular
"Digging!"
I would take out all your ram and see what the PC does. If it screams at you for having no ram then the ram is the problem. Otherwise try a similar approch with every component until you find the problem.
Tue 02/12/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I've recently built a new PC, but transfered an older hard-drive, so I could keep my settings. However, the older PC was very buggy and crashed alot, but me and my dad thought it was a motherboard problem.
However, when I installed the Hard Drive, and try to load up my stuff, I normally get a crash, or a brief (quarter-second) blue screen and the PC restarts, which happens in both normal and safe modes.

Would any of you guys be able to tell me whether this is likely to be a Har Drive, or RAM (I transfered a small amount of that,too) problem, or what it is likely to be.

PS. I'm running Microsoft Window XP, and the Hard-Drive is a 20GB Seagate model.

Cheers for any help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.