GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Great Actors!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/01 at 21:01
Regular
As most of you will know, there are many great actors around at the moment and so that is why I have decided to list my 5 best actors from certain films, from the past few years.

5) Jason Biggs (American Pie)
You may not think that Jason Biggs is a well known actor but I have put him in my top 5 because I thought he played the part of an hillarious character in American Pie. This film was so funny and I was laughing most of the way through it. It is one of those films that will always make you laugh if you are having a bad day and Jason Biggs, who played Jim, was the main actor in this film.

4) Bruce Willis (The Sixth Sense)
Bruce Willis is one of the most popular actors in the world at the moment and his role in The Sixth Sense was outstanding. He played the part of a child psychologist and he is trying to help out a young child who can see dead people. The only problem being the fact that Bruce Willis is dead himself but he does not realise this until the end of the film. (Sorry if any of you have not seen this film before!) Anyway, this film will be remembered as a great film for quite a few years to come and this isn't really suprising, especially with an actor like Bruce Willis starring in it.

3) Keanu Reeves (The Matrix)
At the moment, The Matrix 2 & 3 are being directed and they should be out in 2002, one after the other and anyone who saw The Matrix, itself, will definitely want to see the next 2 films. Keanu Reeves satras in this film with Laurence Fishburne and they lead the fight to free humankind in The Matrix. It is one of those films that you will watch again and again as it is that good. Keanu Reeves has starred in many good films over the past few years but I reckon that this was his best one.

2) Tom Hanks (The Green Mile)
I recently saw this film for the first team and I have to say that it was another one of my best films that I have seen in many years. Tom Hanks plays the head death row guard at a penitentiary, in the 1930's. A mysterious 8ft tall prisoner is brought to death row who apparently murdered two young girls. Despite his large size he is a quiet and gentle man who’s afraid to sleep in a cell without a night-light . When the guards get to know him and discover he has a special gift they begin to doubt whether he is a murderer. This was another great acting role played by Tom Hanks and I expect to see him in quite a few more decent films over the next few years.

1) Russel Crowe (Gladiator)
Russel Crowe's role in Gladiator has got to be one of the best roles played by an actor in a film for many years. This film was absolutely brilliant and I have to say that choosing Russel Crowe as the main actor in the film was a great decision as he was fantastic. Crowe plays the role of Maximus, portraying the character with vigour and confidence. This is a must see film for anyone as it is that good. That is why I have chosen Russel Crowe as my best actor over the past few years, for his role in GLADIATOR.

If you have 5 actors who have starred in a great films over the past few years then reply to this message.
Sun 18/03/01 at 21:03
Regular
Michelle Corleone - Get a brain and learn to read. I will write in what ever way that I want. You seem to be the only person complaing about it.
Sun 18/03/01 at 18:15
"Moderator"
E-jazz seems to have got it,

King Caz, laz or whatever you name is; maybe a more enticing introduction woud help more people to continue reading on you thread

'(.)'
Sun 18/03/01 at 12:59
My personal favourites have to be:

5: Morgan Freeman

4: Mel Gibson

3: Jack Nicholson

2: Nicholas Cage

1: Robert DeNiro

Robert DeNiro is da man!
Sun 18/03/01 at 12:41
Regular
Oh I do apologise for saying something like that. Oh wait, no I don't because if you read the whole of the message you will see that I have based on actors from the past few years. So before you say stuff like that, you should read the whole message.
Sun 18/03/01 at 09:56
"Moderator"
King Daz wrote:
>Crowe plays the role of Maximus,
> portraying the character with vigour and confidence, (is this everythig you need to be the greatest actor? Vigour and Confidence? HA, i dont think so). This >is a must
> see film for anyone as it is that good. That is why I >have chosen
> Russel Crowe as my best actor over the past few years, >for his role
> in GLADIATOR.

i just dont understand why, WHY, you can say he's the best actor when he's only had ONE leading role, i only have one thing to say to you:

'(.)'
Sun 18/03/01 at 09:50
"Moderator"
Jet Lee as one of the five best actors ever to grace the earth?? Russel Crowe as one of the BEST ACTORS ever to grace the earth?! how long have you been alive, do you not believe in watching anything which was made in the last millenium? what about one certain Robert De Niro? oh yes, i forgot, the only film he's been in is 'Meet the parents', What the hell is your problem(s)?, this guy has done everything, hes made some of the best films ever and yet he doesnt seem to been in any of your top 5's, just goes to show how much you know, and if you may regard this as just purely my opinion, ask any of the "great" actors of this time which actor they most admire, who was their greatest influence, which film whould they most have to have played in, and you'll get the same answers. its just like making a list of the top 5 footballers ever and not including Pele, Maradonna and Platini, just because its now doesnt necessarily make it good or bad, you have to look at the past to appriciate the present.

'(.)'
Fri 16/03/01 at 11:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Here's mine;

1. Samuel L Jackson
2. Laurence Fishburne
3. Tom Hanks
4. Mel Gibson
5. Jet Li
Thu 15/03/01 at 23:59
Regular
"Whatever!"
1. Harrison Ford
2. Alec Guiness
3. Donald Pleasance
4. Tom Hanks
5. Kurt Russell
Thu 15/03/01 at 21:44
Sir Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal)
Russel Crowe (Gladiator)
Tom Hanks (ToyStory2, Castaway, The Green Mile)
Bruce Willis (The Sixth Sense)
Tim Allen (Galaxy Quest)
Thu 15/03/01 at 21:01
Regular
As most of you will know, there are many great actors around at the moment and so that is why I have decided to list my 5 best actors from certain films, from the past few years.

5) Jason Biggs (American Pie)
You may not think that Jason Biggs is a well known actor but I have put him in my top 5 because I thought he played the part of an hillarious character in American Pie. This film was so funny and I was laughing most of the way through it. It is one of those films that will always make you laugh if you are having a bad day and Jason Biggs, who played Jim, was the main actor in this film.

4) Bruce Willis (The Sixth Sense)
Bruce Willis is one of the most popular actors in the world at the moment and his role in The Sixth Sense was outstanding. He played the part of a child psychologist and he is trying to help out a young child who can see dead people. The only problem being the fact that Bruce Willis is dead himself but he does not realise this until the end of the film. (Sorry if any of you have not seen this film before!) Anyway, this film will be remembered as a great film for quite a few years to come and this isn't really suprising, especially with an actor like Bruce Willis starring in it.

3) Keanu Reeves (The Matrix)
At the moment, The Matrix 2 & 3 are being directed and they should be out in 2002, one after the other and anyone who saw The Matrix, itself, will definitely want to see the next 2 films. Keanu Reeves satras in this film with Laurence Fishburne and they lead the fight to free humankind in The Matrix. It is one of those films that you will watch again and again as it is that good. Keanu Reeves has starred in many good films over the past few years but I reckon that this was his best one.

2) Tom Hanks (The Green Mile)
I recently saw this film for the first team and I have to say that it was another one of my best films that I have seen in many years. Tom Hanks plays the head death row guard at a penitentiary, in the 1930's. A mysterious 8ft tall prisoner is brought to death row who apparently murdered two young girls. Despite his large size he is a quiet and gentle man who’s afraid to sleep in a cell without a night-light . When the guards get to know him and discover he has a special gift they begin to doubt whether he is a murderer. This was another great acting role played by Tom Hanks and I expect to see him in quite a few more decent films over the next few years.

1) Russel Crowe (Gladiator)
Russel Crowe's role in Gladiator has got to be one of the best roles played by an actor in a film for many years. This film was absolutely brilliant and I have to say that choosing Russel Crowe as the main actor in the film was a great decision as he was fantastic. Crowe plays the role of Maximus, portraying the character with vigour and confidence. This is a must see film for anyone as it is that good. That is why I have chosen Russel Crowe as my best actor over the past few years, for his role in GLADIATOR.

If you have 5 actors who have starred in a great films over the past few years then reply to this message.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.