GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Great Actors!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/03/01 at 21:01
Regular
As most of you will know, there are many great actors around at the moment and so that is why I have decided to list my 5 best actors from certain films, from the past few years.

5) Jason Biggs (American Pie)
You may not think that Jason Biggs is a well known actor but I have put him in my top 5 because I thought he played the part of an hillarious character in American Pie. This film was so funny and I was laughing most of the way through it. It is one of those films that will always make you laugh if you are having a bad day and Jason Biggs, who played Jim, was the main actor in this film.

4) Bruce Willis (The Sixth Sense)
Bruce Willis is one of the most popular actors in the world at the moment and his role in The Sixth Sense was outstanding. He played the part of a child psychologist and he is trying to help out a young child who can see dead people. The only problem being the fact that Bruce Willis is dead himself but he does not realise this until the end of the film. (Sorry if any of you have not seen this film before!) Anyway, this film will be remembered as a great film for quite a few years to come and this isn't really suprising, especially with an actor like Bruce Willis starring in it.

3) Keanu Reeves (The Matrix)
At the moment, The Matrix 2 & 3 are being directed and they should be out in 2002, one after the other and anyone who saw The Matrix, itself, will definitely want to see the next 2 films. Keanu Reeves satras in this film with Laurence Fishburne and they lead the fight to free humankind in The Matrix. It is one of those films that you will watch again and again as it is that good. Keanu Reeves has starred in many good films over the past few years but I reckon that this was his best one.

2) Tom Hanks (The Green Mile)
I recently saw this film for the first team and I have to say that it was another one of my best films that I have seen in many years. Tom Hanks plays the head death row guard at a penitentiary, in the 1930's. A mysterious 8ft tall prisoner is brought to death row who apparently murdered two young girls. Despite his large size he is a quiet and gentle man who’s afraid to sleep in a cell without a night-light . When the guards get to know him and discover he has a special gift they begin to doubt whether he is a murderer. This was another great acting role played by Tom Hanks and I expect to see him in quite a few more decent films over the next few years.

1) Russel Crowe (Gladiator)
Russel Crowe's role in Gladiator has got to be one of the best roles played by an actor in a film for many years. This film was absolutely brilliant and I have to say that choosing Russel Crowe as the main actor in the film was a great decision as he was fantastic. Crowe plays the role of Maximus, portraying the character with vigour and confidence. This is a must see film for anyone as it is that good. That is why I have chosen Russel Crowe as my best actor over the past few years, for his role in GLADIATOR.

If you have 5 actors who have starred in a great films over the past few years then reply to this message.
Thu 22/03/01 at 13:10
Regular
"not dead"
I'm not saying these actors are the best ever, but hey, I like some films that they're in:

Ewan McGregor. Trainspotting's great, but the part he played in Shallow Grave was better. And he makes a decent Obi-Wan.
Jim Carrey. I laughed so hard at The Cable Guy. The Truman Show is one of my top film too.
Kieffer Sutherland. He's been in some great movies.
Samuel L Jackson. Man, is he cool!
Sean Connery. The best Bond, great in the Rock, and the voice of a dragon.
Wed 21/03/01 at 15:11
my personal favorites-
in no particular order.

Nicholas cage
John travolta
Harrison Ford
Sean connery
Bruce Willis

and just missed out- Edward Norten for American history x and Fight club.
however these are not because they are the greatest actors, its because they have starred in my favorite movies.
Tue 20/03/01 at 19:28
"Moderator"
oh yeah and 'Die Hard' was Dark, how can you say it was poor, job jam, it was a first and groudbreaking action movie, it personifies the genre,

'(.)'
Tue 20/03/01 at 19:25
"Moderator"
King Mazz, when you say few, what exactly does that mean, shall we say three four, or maybe a decade, or maybe ever? hmm well lets see what you have to say for your self whizzer,

'(.)'

oh yeah and i wouldnt go so far as to say Keanu Reeves was 'poor' in the Matrix, its just he was in a role which didnt lend its self to producing great actors, it wasn't about the actors anyway, just action, action, and he did that well, to an extent, Samuel L. Jackson, yes i might have to agree with yourself, even his bit part in Goodfellas: "yeah where the F@*k is she?" ha, and Nicholas Cage is a kinky guy, but still for le film d'action, its unfourtunatly you got'ska have the look to be a great actor, just like one has to have the lok to be a great Model, i mean you wouldn't see Ann Widicome winning Miss World now would you, its a different form of beauty, i think only one man has had that (in his youth) and you can guess who that is?...

Robert De Niro

Yes, yes im sorry to harp on, but he is a man who has trully done something in his life, he has achieved what only a few have done, he has made his mark, he is one of the few people (considering of course he is not yet regarded as a God) who can actually say he has toutched millions. (well me at least)

Oh yeah, and your right, an actor needs to have made consistent great films in great roles, with a great script/ director, De Niro personifies this, one example of this rule is Copolla, i mean 'The Godfather' was absolutely amazing and, No.2 was incredibke (from what i remember) but he seems to have burnt out, (a bit like Joe Cole will do), 'Apocolypse Now' is the only other above average film that springboards to mind, so i would not regard him aas a great, Scorsese on the other hand... wait, dont even get me started on Martin "the best Genius ever to have graced this green green earth" Scorsese, dont even get'skme started...

'(.)'

Tue 20/03/01 at 15:56
Regular
Can everybody please read this? It is the first thing that I said in my discussion!!

''As most of you will know, there are many great actors around at the moment and so that is why I have decided to list my 5 best actors from certain films, FROM THE PAST FEW YEARS.''
Tue 20/03/01 at 12:34
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
The title of the topic is "5 Great Actors" not 5 of the best. What actually makes an actor the best?; Receiving awards (ie. Oscars)? Making the most films ever? Starring as the lead role in the best film? Earning the most money?
For me, the best actor should consistently produce strong performances for a number of years. Nick Cage, Jack Nicholson, Samuel L Jackson, Kevin Spacey (whoops I almost was away to mention one of the Baldwins but I remembered this was for GREAT actors) and Harrison Ford have thoroughly established themselves and keep on producing good films with great performances. (BTW, I believe that Jack Nicholson would have been superb in the X-men as Logan, if he were younger)
Mon 19/03/01 at 22:09
King KONG wait a minute. Your top five is laughable, sorry I'm not trying to be rude here.

Number 5, John Biggs, how many films have you seen with Biggs as a leading character? I've seen American Pie and absolutely refuse to watch any other teen comedy filcks.

Number 4, Bruce Willice played a decent role in Pulp Fictiona and in Six Sense but his other filcks (die hard, Fifth Element Mercury Rising, Armaggedon etc) was quite poor.

Number 3, Keanu Reeves. I'm sorry but Mr 'American College Boy Accent' will never lose his Ted Theodor Logun status. In The Matrix, which was a good film, his acting was poor. Come on, the way he kept on loosing his supposed charisma and let slip the ghost of Teddy Logun was hilarious. The Gift, whoa baby I'll praise him for his gutsy performance but naturally, he just can't crack the egg.

Number 2, Tom Hank. Well smack my cheeks and call me Virgine. Now there is a good actor. He did well in Big, Philadelphia, Sleepless in Seattle, Saving Private Ryan and Ssupposably Cast Away. But in The Green Mile, Michael Clarke Duncan stole the show.
Good choice

Number 1 Russel Crowe. Oh my elbow! Russel Crowe- Number 1. Now your talking. He is one of the best actors ever. In fact I'll say that he IS the best actor ever... in Gladiator! But really, in was lame in Gladiator, if the man upstairs has any sense in him/her then anyone BUT Russel Crowe would win. Please watch the movie again. Throughout the movie his facial expression hardly changes. The only difference is occasional strain on his face when he hammers his sword across the face of the enemy. He didn't play Maximus poorly but he is simply NOT the greatest actor ever. The Insider with Al Pacino, waa poor. Al Pacino did not play his best but still shone but Crowe was awful.

I'm sorry King Kong but Tom Hanks seems to be the only great actor in your list. Russel Crowe may just scrap it a very good. With this choice what is your favourite film Up Pompei?

My personal top five (straight out of the top of my head so I may miss some) are, in no particular order.

Morgan Freeman,
Robert De Niro (THE best method actor EVER),
Al Pacino
Peter Sellers (Three cheers for the Brit)
nad the last is a good fight between Nick Cage, Tom Hanks, Jack Nickelson...

King Kong, I'm ready for a dressing down ;)
Mon 19/03/01 at 18:08
Regular
You seem to be quite the funny person
Mon 19/03/01 at 17:25
"Moderator"
King Daz wrote:
>You seem to be the only person complaing
> about it.

King Whizz;
thats because im one of the few who manage to get through your 'messages' without either dying of old age, or, for the younger generation, of sleep deprevation,
thanks alot,

'(.)'
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:10
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
King Daz wrote:
3) Keanu Reeves (The Matrix)

LOL... I'm srry but Keanu Reeves and great actor are not words often assoiated...

(unless of course the words 'is definitly not a' are inserted in between)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.