GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you think this is worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 16/05/05 at 11:40
Regular
[URL]http://www.redguides.com/games/wow/warcraftgold.htm[/URL]

Doesn't seem to be any cheating involved, but there seems to be 'methods' that can net you 50g per day without bothering with professions or questing - even at low level!

You register, but then it's around £3.50 for 1 Month's access to the guides/methods. Not too much of a loss really, if it means you never have to be short of cash again and don't have to risk getting banned for buying money off eBay.

I'm still a little skeptical, but it'd certainly take the pain away from saving for a mount.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> I'm lv26 and have ended up with 8g in 5 days, through putting elixirs
> up at AH. Water breathing netted me 40s for 1. Hurrah, so I'm fishing
> like John Wilson to get lots of lovely oily fishies.

Hmm, never used the auction house. I might have to give it a try.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Hmm, never used the auction house. I might have to give it a try.

Silly silly.

I just sold 10 medium leather for 40s and 2 fishes for 1s. The leather may have gone for 50 had I put it up for that much...
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
phi11ip wrote:
> I just sold 10 medium leather for 40s and 2 fishes for 1s. The
> leather may have gone for 50 had I put it up for that much...

Hoe does it work? Post your item, ask a minimum price? Does a winning bid come throught via the standard mailbox, or do you have to keep checking the AH? Any time limit and related penalties on items being sent after a winning bid?

Still, I'm only lvl 15 Atm, and haven't even see the horde AH, just the Ironforge one.

[edit] Just read you post below, winning auctions come through to the mailbox.

[edit2] RTFM. [URL]http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/auctionhouses.html[/URL]
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:29
Regular
I only use the Auction House for buying things, works a bit like eBay :D

Selling wise I am usually way too impatient and/or want a quick sale for the buck.

Beware though, it is far too addictive, FAR TOO ADDICTIVE!!!

*Injects*
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:39
Regular
You can get upwards of 1G for wool cloth usually.

1G for skinning a load of sheep...result!
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Bullett wrote:
> You can get upwards of 1G for wool cloth usually.
>
> 1G for skinning a load of sheep...result!

1G?! I'm quitting tailoring then!

I didn't think it was as much as 1G, I could swear it was only 40s(ish), or something?
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:45
Regular
Don't tempt me to leave Herbalism/Alchemy, it's taken me bloody long enough to get to a decent stage with Alchemy. No financial gain, just means I can recover a hell of a lot of health in a battle.
Mon 16/05/05 at 14:46
Regular
I used to think it was around 40-50, but the other day I had 20 to sell, checked the AH and they were charging 1g for buyouts. I set mine at that and it sold within the hour :O
Mon 16/05/05 at 23:16
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I've just put on LOADS of stuff in the AH. I decided to be kind and sold 58 light leather to some random girl for 1g 15s (biiig discount) but just collected more and went to sell that.

I've listed 20 light leathers at 25s a go.
10 medium leather at 30, or 50... Can't remember...
10 bear meat for 10s.
6 wool cloth for 30s.
And other random novelty items.

Oh and I also found an uncommon gemstone that goes for 60s a go, I listed it for 60s and saw that someone was selling 10 of them for a bargaintastic 2g 50s. I'll make a tidy profit selling them!

Oh crap. I just remember you can't break them apart, they have to be sold as a group of 10. Crap crap crap.

Just been informed that you can break them apart. Phew. I'm in the moneeeee!

EDIT: It's just sold for 60s, I think it sold too easily. I'll put the price up next time.
Tue 17/05/05 at 00:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I'll let you in on a biiiiig trading game you can play that will get you rich quick.

Send 10g to Fillip to find out how.

Or...

Find an item in the auction house that is quite popular, such as leather or cloth and buy everything under say 30s. You can then relist it all at a higher price of 35s as that's the lowest 'buy it now' price that's around.

People will come in, see that that's the cheapest and buy your stuff. A nice profit will be received on each.

I bought 2x20 wool cloth for 15s each, I'm now listing them both as the only BIN listing with the price at 1g each. I'm probably being greedy but if someone is desperate they'll pay.

I also bought 100 medium leather for 1.5g, I listed them all for a total of 3.5g. (35s each.)

I'll tell you the outcome of this tomorrow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.