GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminatior 3 is not a terminator film."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well, not as far as I'm concerned.
What made the first 2 Terminatiors stand out? Arnies muscle? The "robots taking over" plot?
No. The blood and gore.
Because, Terminator 1 and 2 were chocked full of it. Gore, blood, filthy language and very little that could be found funny in these two films. Then comes Terminator 3, with its pathetic attempts at comedy. (Arnie puts on star glasses in one scene). What the hell is this? You can't be a hard man if you wear gay star glasses. You never see Vinnie jones wearing tank tops.
It's these stupid moments of comedy that ruin the dramtic affect of Terminator 3. The first two were gritty films set on low budget, and they were the better off. The 3rd one was some glossy and high budget mess that made fun of all the first two stood for. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this film as it was, it had some nice touches (the physchatrist (sp) from the previous films that ran away when he saw Arnie) but it does not qualify to be in the exclusive group for "real" Terminator films.
Your thoughts on this?
Sun 30/11/03 at 10:58
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I found too many mistakes in the film. It super annoyed me when the Terminator got the car keys from the top bit like he did in T2, he isn't supposed to know that.

But I still liked the film and at least they didn't complete ruin it like they could have done. And I still believe T2 to have the best special effects I have ever seen, it still looks real while I can see the CGI in T3 quite clearly.
Sun 30/11/03 at 11:00
Regular
"She's a dog!"
T2 is a 15, on the box of the DVD it is. I can't remember what it was on cinema release as I was only 4.
Sun 30/11/03 at 11:35
"The Will of D."
I bet both original films when they were released were actually 18's but then ended up to be 15's with our new codes.
Sun 30/11/03 at 12:24
Regular
"That's right!"
Terminator - 18 at cinema, 18 on video, 15 on DVD.
T2 - I think one version of it was an 18. Checking with the BBFC, there was... The totally uncut version released on video in 11/09/1992.

Apparantly all other versions (rated 15) have something cut, 18 seconds worth, no idea what, though the special edition may have whatever it was included, and still be a 15 since the rules are getting slack and it was only released in 1997.

But then the BBFC are a crazy bunch. Starship Troopers was a 15 at the cinema, and despite being the same version, an 18 on video and DVD. Madness.
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:42
"Dogs rule,Cats drul"
It is.
Sun 30/11/03 at 22:04
Regular
The BBFC are far stricker on DVD's and videos due to it being harder to constrain.

They are also VERY strict on trailers as they show things out of context from the film.
Sun 30/11/03 at 22:13
Regular
Stricker?
Sun 30/11/03 at 22:16
Regular
classifications don't mean squat these days - Braveheart was a 15, and is one of the most violent films I've seen.

so boasting that one film is an 18 and another is a 15 doesn't prove a thing.

and since when do you need gore and filthy language to make a good film - there is neither in the matrix.
Sun 30/11/03 at 22:50
"Mimmargh!"
TERMINATRIX.

Oh dear.
Mon 01/12/03 at 07:30
Regular
"cachoo"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> yeah, say what you will about equal rights, but that girl wasn't
> anywhere near as scary as the t1000.

I thought she was scary.. Although, it's hard to suddenly go from two Terminator's being men, then to a woman. Gotta give her a chance.
Robert Patrick was, by far, the scariest.. Especially in that running scene! Makes me cringe everytime!

Agreed though, it definately didn't feel like a Terminator film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.