GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminatior 3 is not a terminator film."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/11/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well, not as far as I'm concerned.
What made the first 2 Terminatiors stand out? Arnies muscle? The "robots taking over" plot?
No. The blood and gore.
Because, Terminator 1 and 2 were chocked full of it. Gore, blood, filthy language and very little that could be found funny in these two films. Then comes Terminator 3, with its pathetic attempts at comedy. (Arnie puts on star glasses in one scene). What the hell is this? You can't be a hard man if you wear gay star glasses. You never see Vinnie jones wearing tank tops.
It's these stupid moments of comedy that ruin the dramtic affect of Terminator 3. The first two were gritty films set on low budget, and they were the better off. The 3rd one was some glossy and high budget mess that made fun of all the first two stood for. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this film as it was, it had some nice touches (the physchatrist (sp) from the previous films that ran away when he saw Arnie) but it does not qualify to be in the exclusive group for "real" Terminator films.
Your thoughts on this?
Mon 01/12/03 at 20:31
Regular
do you want a fight about that you net-nerd
Mon 01/12/03 at 18:34
Regular
it might not be original, but I watched it last night for the second time and throughly enjoyed it.

for chase movies the terminator films can't be beat.
Mon 01/12/03 at 18:14
Regular
"not dead"
The problem with T3 is that it's T2 10 years later.

The original was great, because we hadn't really seen anything like it before.

The second one was awesome because of the effort that had gone into the special effects, but also because they managed to do something different in turning the character that was bad in the first one into the good guy in the second. That's a great play on the first movie.

The third though, is just more of John Connor running away from a superior terminator with the obsolete model. There's nothing new there, and the set pieces aren't that great.

If they make another one, which I guess won't happen in a hurry with Arnie being a governor now, at least it would be set once the war had kicked off. If they sent a Terminator back to during the war, then John Connor would be dealing with the machines of the time, as well as an advanced model from the future.
Mon 01/12/03 at 11:22
Regular
I've said it once I'll say it again T3 is a parody on it's earlier counter parts.
Mon 01/12/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I'm actually warming to T3.
Got it on dvd the other day, and watched all the extras yesterday, and having seen the film again, it isn't as bad as I first thought.

T2 still rules, but T3 ain't too shabby.
Mon 01/12/03 at 09:25
"Darkness, always"
Terminator 1: Truly top class movie
Terminator 2: Excellent and highly entertaining movie
Terminator 3: Cheesy snorefest and I'm glad I obtained a legally questionable version for nothing rather than waste money watching it at the cinema.
Mon 01/12/03 at 08:00
Regular
"cachoo"
To your career?! Why's that?
Mon 01/12/03 at 07:46
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The fact that you are implying that you had your Pampers round your ankles in front of me could be really quite damaging to my career.
Mon 01/12/03 at 07:45
Regular
"cachoo"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Yeah, but that's because you're a little girl.

Nope. "I'm a big girl now". *pulls up pampers*.

See?
Mon 01/12/03 at 07:31
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ms NY wrote:
> I thought she was scary..

Yeah, but that's because you're a little girl.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.