GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 is here Boys & Girls"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 06:50
Regular
EDIT - had I known this lot was already in the stupidly named 'Official PS2 E3 Thread', I wouldn't have bothered. Sue me.

And the pad looks awful, but hey:

[URL]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html?fromint=1[/URL]

Enjoy.

I won't post all the specs as that'd be an anal word count boostathon, but some pretty interesting and odd features:

Bluetooth functionality - wireless controllers via Bluetooth sounds certain.

Wi-Fi communication with PSP

3, yes 3 Ethernet ports - dunno why they need 3 :S

2 HDMI outputs, capable of up to 1080p

Backwards compatiblity

Blu-Ray media support, along with every CD/DVD format but DVD-RAM.

Looking swish, suddenly the Xbox 360 doesn't seem so exclusive. Still, it's all about the games and from what I can see, it's just sequels here there and everywhere (not unlike Xbox then) - MGS4, GT5, Getaway 3, Killzone 2, DMC4 etc.

I just wish the perfect recreation of FFVII would have become a reality :(
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:32
Regular
Sony really, really need to sort out their online service if they want to succeed in that department.

If they can match the Xbox Live Service for quality and simplicity, PS3 could well be unbeatable.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:47
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
if u could recreate an old game, FF7 would be very low down on my list. there are much better games out there that could be remade, FF7 was a good RPG, but there are much better RPG's out there. FF7 created a lot of hype because it brough the western RPG market back into the picture, that had faded due to a lack of good RPG's since xenogears/chrono trigger. It was a great game, but it has not stood the test of time as well as many other, older, RPG's.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:53
Regular
You do realise that it was just a tech demo, and they're not actually doing a remake of FF7?
Tue 17/05/05 at 19:10
"period drama"
I hope not.
Tue 17/05/05 at 20:35
Regular
Remember all the "Killzone B3St shoota Eva" and "Getaway gone smash dat GTA gaylords" talk. Sony are kings of hype and very rarely do they deliver all they promised in the final product.

I won't be convinced until I actually see the games running on a PS3 instead of a load of tech demos.
Tue 17/05/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm..

Hope they change the pad. (Another N64 pad would rock. But that was Ninty...

/Sheds tear)
Wed 18/05/05 at 15:41
Regular
I actually think that pad could be quite good. I love the current PS pads and find them far more comfortable than the N64 pad (I picked that out because it seems to be the one people rave about, but the same applies to all the other pads I've used on a regular basis).

I was imagining holding controllers just now - my fifth and maybe even fourth fingers hang off below the two "handles" of the current controller, so I just curl them slightly. With the new controller, all my fingers would be doing a similar thing which could be more comfortable. With a proper surface to rest against, it could be better for the tendons than just holding them at an angle.

Major advantage though (and sorry if somebody has already said this), but you know for certain that with a shape like those controllers, whenever you throw them away in frustration, they're going to come back...
Wed 18/05/05 at 15:52
Regular
Apologies to GrandPrix - I just discovered that you said a similar thing in another thread about the controller shape.
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:29
Regular
"The definitive tag"
That pad looks absolutely rubbish. Everything about it is wrong. There's no need for the handles to be anywhere near that long and somehow they've actually managed to make the position of the analog sticks even worse. If they really intend the analog sticks to be the main method of control, then they need to follow by the GC's example and put it where the D-pad currently is.

It also looks like an ugly piece of shhhh...
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmmm...

Controllers are hard things to make I guess. But seriously... Why are the analog sticks so far away from your thumbs?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.