GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most famous theme tunes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 14:13
"High polygon count"
What do you think is/are the most famous theme tunes for movies and TV shows?

For movies, I would have to say the Star Wars theme. Every time I hear the 20th Century Fox 'intro' at the start of a movie (you know, with the spotlights and logo), I half expect it to be followed by the orchestral blast of the Star Wars theme.

For TV, probably... The Simpsons?
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:13
"High polygon count"
What do you think is/are the most famous theme tunes for movies and TV shows?

For movies, I would have to say the Star Wars theme. Every time I hear the 20th Century Fox 'intro' at the start of a movie (you know, with the spotlights and logo), I half expect it to be followed by the orchestral blast of the Star Wars theme.

For TV, probably... The Simpsons?
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The tom-tom drums at the start and end of Eastenders is fairly recognisable. Pants, but recognisable. And probably Coronation Street, too, seeing as it's been around for so long.

Oh, and the old News At Ten with the chimes from Big Ben.
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"The Great Escape" - I saw my girlfriend play this in a band the other day, and it was fricking fantastic! In the same concert I also heard a choir absolutely ruin "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book.
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Indiana Jones is a favourite, as is The A-Team, Knightrider and Miami Vice theme tunes.
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:19
Regular
"thegodfather"
I though the opening scenes of Top Gun were great, it's all building up as the preperations are all happening on the flight deck of a massive great aircraft carrier, and then Danger Zone kicks in as the jet takes off.
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
C'mon: "Heroes in a halfshell - TURTLE POWER!"
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
> For movies, I would have to say the Star Wars theme. Every time I
> hear the 20th Century Fox 'intro' at the start of a movie (you know,
> with the spotlights and logo), I half expect it to be followed by the
> orchestral blast of the Star Wars theme.

Exactly the same with me!
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The Sweeney.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
But I would have to say, the "Superman" music is pretty great.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Top of the Pops. But apparently it's changing tonight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.