GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best broadband provider"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 01:08
Regular
What do you think is the best broadband provider?
I know which one's amongst the worst, yea step up BT!
Fri 28/11/03 at 01:08
Regular
What do you think is the best broadband provider?
I know which one's amongst the worst, yea step up BT!
Fri 28/11/03 at 07:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Pipex are good.
Fri 28/11/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
In areas, NTL are excellent. Others though they appear to be poor.

So for me though, they're easily the best, good customer support (replaced my modem within 48 hours and always straight strough on the phone.)
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pipex are good and fairly cheap - I'm paying less than £30 for 1Mbps.
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Timmargh wrote:
> Pipex are good and fairly cheap - I'm paying less than £30 for
> 1Mbps.

Nice isnt it :D. Lucky we signed up early as the new price is £33.99. We get it at £28.95 for 12 months and then it will change to what ever the standard price is. But if it stays the same we are saving just over £60 for the year.
Fri 28/11/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
adrian wrote:
> ... Lucky we signed up early as the new price is
> £33.99. We get it at £28.95 for 12 months ...

Me too. I got the email and as I read it I thought "Oh, damn. But, it's still a good price" and then when I read about being charged the old price for 12 months I thought "Bonus! Party!".

Or something like that ...
Fri 28/11/03 at 12:14
"Darkness, always"
I've used only two services providers:

NTL - utterly appalling service, combined with quite remarkably retardde customer service personnel make this the most shockingly pathetic service I've ever come across. Also worth noting is their digital television service which, in comparison to Sky is just medieval and stupidly slow.

BT - consistently superior performance, swift response from the support people on the 2 occasions I've had to contact them, and practically zero downtime, as opposed to NTL, which bordered on 50%. And having Sky for TV now is just SUCH a breath of fresh air following the would-be-funny-if-it-weren't-me joke of a service.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:42
Regular
"bing bang bong"
phi11ip wrote:
> In areas, NTL are excellent. Others though they appear to be poor.
>
> So for me though, they're easily the best, good customer support
> (replaced my modem within 48 hours and always straight strough on the
> phone.)

I'm convinced you're actually talking about a different company. According to my set top box LCD display, my provider is "nlt" (yes, they actually spelt NTL wrong), so maybe this "nlt" are cretins and the real NTL are fabulous.
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:24
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm with BT. Never had a problem with them at all yet. Any connection problems have been of my own making. I'll only change if I can get 1Mbps for under £30 (which I'm sure I can, jsut can't be bothered researching it at the moment.)

NTL on the other hand, didn't have bad customer service and support. Because they just didn't have any. However at least I found the service reliable. The downside (with their 600k service) was that upload speed is half that of ADSL.

NLT... that really is shocking.
Fri 28/11/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Pipex.

Dim downtime. 23.44 a month and £17 for a usb modem to tide me over til I get my 11g router.

Only a couple of minor gripes... but superseeded by the fact they have a superb newsgroup service.

Shame they have done away with the referral system though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.