GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blink 182 standing tickets sold out?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 00:34
Regular
This made me laugh, the standing tickets for Blink 182's wembely arena gig sold out and they aren't even on sale until Saturday. Blink allowed you, through their website, to book the tickets two days earlier. Wasn't publicised or well known but now they have all sold out. Standing anyway.

Now I'm lucky to have ordered mine at 9:38, 8 minutes after going on sale, and I've got mine coming. But does anyone know if these "pre-released" tickets are just short-supply ones? It is just my Brother really wishes to go but they've sold out as he didn't know that through a single site you can get hold of them.

Is it likely when they go on general release on saturday that standing tickets will be avalible again.

He blames me for not ordering the tickets for him... what does he think I'm made of money?
Sat 29/11/03 at 14:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Live performances just aren't about as many instruments and moshing is going on. Sure, its impossible NOT to get caught up in a performance, but it's not ever about how makes the liudest noise etc.

RATM would be far more powerful than Slipknot et al because;

A) They were actually good
B) They had some insanely good songs that actually meant something
C) I think Zac De La Rocha jumping around next to Tom Morello would send most rock fans into a spasm of delight anyway...

:D
Sat 29/11/03 at 15:36
"Uzi Lover"
> Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Wembley Arena = Rubbish.

I'll take that back.

It depends on the band playing and if they sound good there. Bands that like to do small club shows don't suit Wembley Arena.

And it sucks anyway.
Sat 29/11/03 at 15:36
"Uzi Lover"
Now, that looks stupid.
Sat 29/11/03 at 22:21
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> Have you ever seen them
> live?

Unfortunately, yes.
Not by my own accord mind, they just happened to be one of the bands playing at a festival thingy I went to with my friend.

There was NO atmosphere, it was just a bunch of 13 year-old idiots moshing like idiots. I doubt they even noticed the music, which was also awful.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:24
Regular
Blink 182 are hilarious live, they talk to the croud as if they are small in minority. The banter that exists amongst the two is great and they play very fast on stage.

They are also incredible at making songs up on the spot. A truly amazing live performance they did at Leeds festival...

Their new stuff is ten times more mature and deep and this therefore means we'll be hearing more Blink classics like stay together for the kids.

Will be the best show on the earth.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:35
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> Even if you hate them, the sheer power coming from everyone in the
> crowd screaming along and 9 people on stage all playing instruments
> in Sync. is absolutely amazing.

You would love The Polyphonic Spree then.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I had a mate who spent weeks convincing me to download something by the polyphonic spree. It lasted about 2 minutes on my hard drive.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:39
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
See them live and then come back to me, I hated them when I heard them on MTV2, but there's just something compelling about them live, you can do nothing but smile.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:40
Regular
They're a bit mad are the spree.
Sun 30/11/03 at 00:43
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
But it's all good fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.