GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Twilight Princess kicks Wind Waker's Ass"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:11
Regular
Cowboy Link > PJ sunbather Link
Really really really cool graphics > cool graphics
Horse > boat
Boar > boat
Wolf > boat
Sinister looking dark gremlin thing > talking boat
Real mount combat > shooting arrows from boat
Dragons > postmen
Balrog > globs of ooze
Goma (giant spider) > lame shark things
Ravaging things as wolf > blowing things with giant leaf
Can swim under water > can't swim under water
Ghosts > no ghosts
Big army > no army
Big scary castle > cool but irritating dodge the spotlight fortress
Boomerang actually useful > Boomerang that is ass
Mysterious > uh, not mysterious
Scary > not scary
Real story (!?!?!?!?) > cool but simple story
Dark, grim fairy tale > jolly sailing
* > controlling the wind
Noir sections > primary colours

Did I mention it looks stunning, you can ride a horse and a giant boar, you can fight while riding, you can turn into a wolf, it looks scary, big enemies and a weird sinister looking gremlin thing? And hot Zelda.

Feel free to continue.
Fri 20/05/05 at 15:18
"period drama"
They all do look freakishly formed.
Well ... if you think about, it was only a matter of time before the effects of Hyrulian in-breeding were noticed.

That kind of styling could work in WW when everything was a bit cartoony, but with the more realistic graphics it just looks scary.
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:21
Regular
I think they are rather cool.
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I like their stylised look. Gives them some country-bumpkin like character.
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:53
Regular
The game looks incredible, I wouldn't worry about the game being "spoilt", Nintendo are famed for only showing the world some of the game.
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:56
Regular
Nintendo have kept me hooked on the series since I first saw the cartoon (I'm sure I'm the only fan of it). I didn't play the first two games (through not knowing they existed at the time, and not having a NES) so my first taste of Zelda was on the SNES, and I've loved it ever since!

Admittedly, there are a few games which aren't so fun...the Oracle games on the GBC are two of them, but I trust Nintendo aren't going to muck this one up. It looks brilliant and I'm sure it will play well too.
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:58
Regular
The oracle series on the GBC, although hard, were fantastic!
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> The oracle series on the GBC, although hard, were fantastic!

I was dissapointed, expecting another Link's Awakening.

I remember riding around on some blue bear.. that's about it. Haven't played in years.
Sat 21/05/05 at 21:16
Regular
I disagree with NGC when they said it was the best 2D Zelda games ever. But I really really enjoyed them. My most challenging Zelda experiences.
Tue 31/05/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
Wow, someone knows their arguement, ahh yes it looks amazing I will complete in a number of hours I put above food and sleep :D I love zelda games. :D
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:02
Regular
"Shoot-em-up freak"
H@lo^ wrote:
> Wow, someone knows their arguement, ahh yes it looks amazing I will
> complete in a number of hours I put above food and sleep :D I love
> zelda games. :D

72 hours is no joke, so you probably won't be finishing this game as soon as you think

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.