GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this the end for Villa?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/11/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It's getting really worrying now we have been sucked into the bottom 3 of the table along with Leeds and Wolves. Our Away form is a disgrace, just like last season.

I thought last season was worrying after the 'Blues' did the double over us last season and we ended up finishing 16th, but this season looks even worse. Fulham and Charlton who I expected to be in the relegation battle, are flying high in the table.

We really needed to beat Tottenham to bring them back into it, but after going 1-0 up we went very sloppy and conceded a goal.

Leeds are a certain to go down, which means the other two places are up for grabs. It may be early doors, but if we somehow end up bottom at christmas it won't look very good. Graham Taylor was the start of Villa's decline, by selling our best players for near or nothing.

Merson was the flair player and created alot of Villa's goals, but after he went we struggled to find the net. We have already failed to score in 6 of the Premiership games so far this season, even with the likes of Vassell.

All we need is a flair player in midfield and a couple of strikers. I also think we need another Right back because of the injury prone Delaney.

Here's what I'd like to see in January:

Vassell in a swap for Robbie Keane
Koumas in from West Brom
Earnshaw in from Cardiff?
Gilchrist in from West Brom

Who do you think will go down if we don't?
Sun 30/11/03 at 15:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Was good to see Villa win at home once again to continue our good home form.

It as good to see Angel back in the side. He was by far our best player and felt he could of had a hat-trick if it wasn't for Niemi.

At least we are out of the zone for a moment, even though Wolves picked up a point and Leeds snatched a win.

I agree with you Rabid. I wouldn't like to see the 'Blues' go down because it's one of the fixtures I look forward to now. Just hope West Brom come up, and Wolves stay up to make it more exciting.
Thu 27/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh. A Villa fan doesn't even rate Darius Vassell that highly, yet Eriksson still persists in picking the 'reject' in his England squads over Chris Sutton and Alan Smith! :D

Seriously, though, I can't see Villa going down, this season.
Things may look bad now, but Doug Ellis could be on his way out, and there's been a fair-bit of talk and speculation, all-season-long, over the possibillity on an Abramovich-style "foreign investment".

And that could be just the thing the team needs to save them - giving them a last-minute escape from Relegation; like Leeds at the end of last season.

They have a decent squad and a good manager... The only real problem, for me, has been the effect indivduals have had on the team (like Alpay, for example). And I'm sure they'll get over him, soon-enough.
Thu 27/11/03 at 10:19
Regular
I can't see Aston Villa getting relegated as they are what I regard a mid-table side. They can be fantastic on their day just look at the pasting they gave Leicester City earlier on in the season.

I think the 3 teams that will get relegated this season are as follows:

Leicester City.
Wolves.
Leeds.
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
He didn't sink us!

That was Dudek =D
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:36
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
> Earnshaw would probably score more than Forlan though, but then
> again, who wouldn't?

Shut up you tart :P

Forlan sunk you lot last season, and he has 5 goals in his last 7 games.
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:06
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Earnshaw's rubbish.

Of course, I could just be talking about those stupid patterns in his head.

And, I mostly agree with Rabid on this one; going on quality alone, Div 1 equates to something like Div 3 compared to the Premiership.

Earnshaw would probably score more than Forlan though, but then again, who wouldn't?

(Ok, I'll inclue Heskey in that, you bunch of leeches.)
Wed 26/11/03 at 22:12
"Darkness, always"
1) you're the only person here mentioning my forum status

2) bobby zamora went up three divisions, earnshaw has fought through them and scored in all but the premiership, only then ecause he hasn't played there yet.
Wed 26/11/03 at 15:47
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Not as funny as someone hiding behind the 'notable' status thinking us mere mortals will be impressed and stand up to listen to everything you say mind.

Bobby Zamora is a typical example of a prolific striker failing to find his feet in the top flight... Clinton Morrison is another (and also has a reasonable scoring record for the Republic of Ireland which accounts for nothing when you fail to net 5 a season in the Premiership)

Im not saying Earnshaw isnt quality i merely said that scoring 20 in div 1 does not automatically warrant a £10 million price tag... now thats just plain lunacy and pure cloud cuckoo land talk.
Wed 26/11/03 at 13:17
"Darkness, always"
the whole "20 goals equals 3 prem goals" sort of trivialises the most prolific scorer in the country don;t you think? Last year, when he was scoring by the bagload, I can understand people saying "it's 2nd div football" rah rah rah, but Earnshaw has proven that he's equally consistent in higher divisions, in fact, he scores more as he goes up a step.

Let's not forget that he scored against Germany for Wales, eh?

He's no substandard striker, he's one of the most consistently excellent strikers in the country.

And trying to be oh so clever and accusing me of being argumentative and incomprehending in the face of your petulant dismissals is just funny.
Wed 26/11/03 at 11:44
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Dont try and offend me, it just makes you look immature.

And where did i say that 20 goals is nothing to be proud of?

If you cant understand what i was trying to say then im sorry... either way if you are gonna argue the point about Earnshaw then at least do so in an argumentative way without resorting to the one word criticisms.

I gave my opinion, you gave yours... wheres the problem in that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.