GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil : Apocolypse"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/11/03 at 17:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have the original Resident Evil on DVD which I will admit I like to a certain extent but I would still only give it two stars. At some points it's really tense, gruesome and action packed like when the lasers are cutting them up but some bits are quite slow. I guess I feel they needed to sort out their consistancy.

Resident Evil : Apocolypse however, well they left the dazzling protagonist in a world with no rules, an army of zombie like creatures and a shot gun. I think it's safe to say that like X-Men 2 or the Lord Of The Rings trilogy this is going to be better than the one before it.

I don't know that much about it however but I want to get a general idea what the plot is going to be etc.(A certificate would be nice too, only 16). Any info and views on this just post them here. Thanks :D
Wed 26/11/03 at 21:01
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Zombies... RUNNING? Erm, NO!

> The undead DO NOT RUN!

Anyone remember those things called CRIMSON HEADS? Nemesis ran after you too.
So the undead can run.

28 days later was ____________ <---- insert bannable offence here.
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:31
Regular
It'd certainly get the adrenaline going!
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:31
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> Hehe, the blood puking parts weren't very nice! Would be good to see a
> 28 Days Later game, would be nice and tense!

That would be a good idea. You'd be foced to run a lot more, and with the hordes of 'zombies' that come running after you, it's bound to be scary!
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:25
Regular
"cachoo"
Hehe, the blood puking parts weren't very nice! Would be good to see a 28 Days Later game, would be nice and tense!
Tue 25/11/03 at 08:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Love the games, loved the film. Sure I will love this next one, too.
>
> You can't go wrong with a zombie movie.
>
> Well, unless it's called '28 Days Later'.
>
> Zombies... RUNNING? Erm, NO!
>
> Okay, they weren't "true" zombies, but still. A large part
> of the menace of zombies is the slow yet relentless shuffling towards
> you, as so brilliantly emphasised in Romero's films.
>
> The undead DO NOT RUN!

They will do in the remake of "Dawn of the Dead"

Plus, the Infected in "28 Days Later" were not undead, as you mention. I found them pant wettingly scary. Especially the puking blood bits. Urg.
Tue 25/11/03 at 00:55
"High polygon count"
Love the games, loved the film. Sure I will love this next one, too.

You can't go wrong with a zombie movie.

Well, unless it's called '28 Days Later'.

Zombies... RUNNING? Erm, NO!

Okay, they weren't "true" zombies, but still. A large part of the menace of zombies is the slow yet relentless shuffling towards you, as so brilliantly emphasised in Romero's films.

The undead DO NOT RUN!
Sun 23/11/03 at 09:58
Regular
"\\"
Ms NY wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
> You've seen Res Evil 1 and didn't notice that all the clips were
> from
> it? What are you? 90? Or do you just forget things really quick? :P
>
> lol. I don't remember the 'advert' thingy from the first one!

That was the only thing new about it that trailer. It'll probably be included in the second movie somehow by having it as an advert on a TV in a half destroyed shop or something.
Sun 23/11/03 at 09:56
Regular
"\\"
2 looks like it will be mucho like the games. An armed woman in the street with lots of rampaging zombies and crashed cars scattered around the place.
Sun 23/11/03 at 00:19
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I keep reading posts of people saying 'The first film sucked because it wasn't anything like the game'. But people don't realise that it's a prequel before they watch it.
Sat 22/11/03 at 16:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The trouble with Resident Evil was the director gained influences from the game to make the film rather than follow Capcom's lead and gain influences from Romero's "Of The Dead" trilogy.

The result was a fun, but very forgettable and often ludicrous movie that was more action than horror. The sequel will be the same, I doubt very much it will bare any similarities between any other horror film out there, it'll instead bare more in common with the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.