GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Naughty, naughty SR..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/11/03 at 16:21
Regular
Well, not really. But meh. Got my local newspaper today and it had an article about a shop in Egham selling guns. Fake funs; whatever. Low and behold the shop was Special Reserve. Ummkay? It doesn't really mention SR that much, other then a quote from store manager Steve Jeffries.

"They look like cheap plastic guns. I don't think they could really be confused with real ones unless you're standing at a distance."

What a way to advertise your product...cheap plastic guns. I want one now! ^o)

http://www.harperhotel.staghost.com/images/srgun.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the scan.

But yuh, discuss.
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:21
Regular
Well, not really. But meh. Got my local newspaper today and it had an article about a shop in Egham selling guns. Fake funs; whatever. Low and behold the shop was Special Reserve. Ummkay? It doesn't really mention SR that much, other then a quote from store manager Steve Jeffries.

"They look like cheap plastic guns. I don't think they could really be confused with real ones unless you're standing at a distance."

What a way to advertise your product...cheap plastic guns. I want one now! ^o)

http://www.harperhotel.staghost.com/images/srgun.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the scan.

But yuh, discuss.
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:24
"Darkness, always"
Egham can be such a retirement home sometimes.

I bet it's the police, hoping to cose down the store to stop the "evil, law-breaking students" from buying games like GTA and going on the rampage killing people.

Morons.
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:35
"Darkness, always"
I was right!

Malcolm Harvey, chairman of Egham Police and Community Partnership Group (PCPG) said: "I don;t think Egham needs a shop like this."

That's like condemning a Tesco store because they start selling French Beef!
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:47
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
*rolls eyes*

It's ridiculous the police would say something like that! Jeez, it's a games store, not a sex shop or a sadmasochistic chamber or a gun range!
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They can't arrest real criminals, so they spend their time worrying about such pointless things as a shop selling prefectly legal toy guns.
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Malcolm Harvey, chairman of Egham Police and Community Partnership
> Group (PCPG) said: "I don;t think Egham needs a shop like
> this."

That's one narrow-minded and blinkered comment! I thought it was a bit strange for SR to be selling BB guns, but plenty of other shops do, and you need ID.
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:03
Regular
The funny thing is, crime in Staines and Egham is on the increase yet they still only go after the motorists and shops like SR.

Yet, if there's an RTA, or a burglery, there's no police to help. When my sister was sexually assaulted, they couldn't send a policeman round as there was none available. Meh.
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:06
Regular
Oh, and IB may know what I'm on about here.

In Thorpe, there's a bend by a pub (The Red Lion). This traffic policeman stands on the corner with his little speedchecker. Not only that, he hides in peoples gardens so you don't know you've been booked. My dad was driving out of Proctor and Gamble a few weeks ago without his belt on. The policeman followed him, asked him too pull over, and some smug 20 year old (he looked 20, anyway) came up and gave it all the "we observed you leaving P&G without a belt. If I ever see you without a belt on again, I'm fining you" crap. They should be fighting real crime. And, don't you think they should target the people with the REAL guns before they hit out at fake BB guns? I know it may be an influence, but fake is far better then real.
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
Bah, Egham is SO old-fashioned.

SR is getting lots of media popularity, I saw the word egad (E-Gad) used in a book the other day!
Thu 20/11/03 at 17:09
Regular
Egham's not really old fashioned anymore. :cD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.