GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox 360 media?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 20:09
Regular
"lets go back"
What type of disks does the XBox 360 use? Is it jsut conventional DVD's (8.5GB)?

The PS3 is going to be using "Blu-Ray" or BD (or whatever its going to be called) which hold 54GB.

If the 360 does use regular DVD's how do you think this will effect it?
Its inevitable that games are going to increase in size and need larger storage media in the future. Increased pixels and larger gaming environments are obviously going to lead to larger data files. Are Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot, or will games not need to have such a large storage media yet?
Sun 22/05/05 at 10:09
Regular
"\\"
That wasn't a port though.

I presume when they make multi-format games they make it for the better console, then downgrade as little as possible 'till it works on the lesser consoles.

I have no idea how they make games, so this is just a logical guess.
Sun 22/05/05 at 08:01
Regular
Play Spider-man 2 on both systems and I'm sure you'll change your mind.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:15
"Retarded List"
PS3 sounds great until you think about the cost. All that technology is sure to cost dearly and in the end it seems all a bit pointless. As we've seen with ports from PS2 to Xbox, there really is hardly anything to tell them apart.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
"lets go back"
The HD-DVD thing might be scrapped tho. Sony and a bunch of other companies are trying to make one universal media rather than have two. Basicaly combining blu-ray with HD. Apparently negotiations with Toshiba may or may not be happening. SO noone really has a clue as to where HD-DVD stands at present.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:40
Regular
I'd imagine they'll be using the HD-DVD format.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:39
Regular
"lets go back"
Ah, well thats a start. Twice what they have now will provide a decent amount of space.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:26
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think I read somewhere that whatever they're using is double the size of what they're currently using with Xbox. So that would mean 17GB.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:09
Regular
"lets go back"
What type of disks does the XBox 360 use? Is it jsut conventional DVD's (8.5GB)?

The PS3 is going to be using "Blu-Ray" or BD (or whatever its going to be called) which hold 54GB.

If the 360 does use regular DVD's how do you think this will effect it?
Its inevitable that games are going to increase in size and need larger storage media in the future. Increased pixels and larger gaming environments are obviously going to lead to larger data files. Are Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot, or will games not need to have such a large storage media yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.