GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England a top seed?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/11/03 at 21:57
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Who thinks England will be a top seed for their Euro 2004 finals group? If not, who will be (apart from Portugal of course). Discuss.

Also, on December 5th is the World Cup 2006 qualifying draw (yes, already). England weren't actually the top seeds in their group this year. It was Turkey. Surely England have proven that they can finish top of a Euro qualifying group by now?
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:57
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Who thinks England will be a top seed for their Euro 2004 finals group? If not, who will be (apart from Portugal of course). Discuss.

Also, on December 5th is the World Cup 2006 qualifying draw (yes, already). England weren't actually the top seeds in their group this year. It was Turkey. Surely England have proven that they can finish top of a Euro qualifying group by now?
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
England will.

Along with Italy, France and Portugal.

No Holland or Spain due to non-direct qualification.
Wed 19/11/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Notable"
we rely to heavily on gerrard, becks, owen and now rooney. scholes never performs at international level. playing gerrard or lampard left mid is jus ridicolous.
Wed 19/11/03 at 22:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ThisIsAFunnyName wrote:
> Also, on December 5th is the World Cup 2006 qualifying draw (yes,
> already). England weren't actually the top seeds in their group this
> year. It was Turkey. Surely England have proven that they can finish
> top of a Euro qualifying group by now?

And this is good news. Hopefully Scotland will get a group that they can take some results from. Although no Faroe Islands would be pleasing. Many Scots would take Germany again over them. :-D
Wed 19/11/03 at 22:06
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
AfroJoe wrote:
> England will.
>
> Along with Italy, France and Portugal.
>
> No Holland or Spain due to non-direct qualification.

Are you sure they bother to take that into account? How come Germany were a top seed in World cup 2002 even after England pushed them into the playoffs during qualification?
Wed 19/11/03 at 23:22
Regular
Spain have some great talent, look forward to them in Euro 2004.
Thu 20/11/03 at 01:13
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Germany were beaten finalists in last years World Cup, im sure they will be seeded along with Portugal, France and Italy.

England will be amongst the 2nd seeds.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, we'll all find-out on a week-on-Sunday (the 30th), when the draw will be made.

Seriously, though, I don't see how England can fail to be named a top-seed after finishing top of their qualifying group, and currently lying within the top-10 of the `FIFA World Rankings´ table.

...Plus, they are gonna be greatly over-hyped as the favourites!
(I think we're already 3rd with the Bookies, behind France and Portugal...)
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:38
"Darkness, always"
England are the 4th highest rated European team atm. If they're not seeded, it's some dumb politically motivated move rather than a footballing one (the type of decision which is becoming increasingly popular - Switzerland to host a major international tournament? Why?).

Personally, I think Spain will be a team to watch. They will be desperate to perform on their neighbours soil, will have little or no climate shock to contend with and also seem to have found their goal touch, given last night's result.

I'm hoping France can do as well in this tournament as they did in the World Cup.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:39
Regular
nope, england are in the 2nd pot.

*laughs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.