GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ah, my precious..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/03 at 16:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Picked up my Two Towers 4 disc collectors box today, it would be nice if i could get smeagol out of the box though.

:(
Thu 27/11/03 at 14:30
"Darkness, always"
I'm hoping Mystique was joking.
Thu 27/11/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Mystique wrote:
> My God. You should never take collectable things like that out of
> their packaging!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Why not? I've still got the original box and packaging save for a few polystyrene balls which happened to fall out of the box when I took Gollum [sorry Smeagol] out of his cage.

My shelf isn't wide enough to have the whole collectors box sat on it so it's better that he comes out of the box and sits there on display where I can see him instead of trying to peer through a poxy plastic and carboard box.

It's almost as bad as you using 1s instead of exclamation marks but hey we wont go into that eh11111111111111111111111111
Wed 26/11/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I remember a game etc.

I tried one of these games on a computer years ago. I fell down the same hole and got killed so many times that the computer eventually asked me if I was a sado-masochist.

Now there was a programmer with a sense of humour.
Wed 26/11/03 at 12:01
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Jive wrote:
> So how exactly do you get Gollum outta the box without destroying it
> completely?
>
> I took a knife to the polystyrene. There is a plastic strip that runs
> around the whole of the polystyrene box bit, you have to cut it in
> numerous places to free the poor gangrel creature.

My God. You should never take collectable things like that out of their packaging!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
Tue 25/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"\\"
I love those games.

What do you want to do?

Hit myself

You hit yourself. You fall to the floor and meet your death.
Tue 25/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
I remember a game called the hobbit on the amstrad cpw. it was one of those :

"You are in a room, to the north is the magical city of basingstoke, to the south is a collection of antique doorknobs, to the east a kebab shop, and to the west a bouncy castle - what do you want to do?"

= > Throw doorknobs through kebab shop window

"You throw the doorknobs through the window, the owner comes out and skins you alive with his kebab knife - you are now dead"

"Try again? Y/N"

= > NO
Tue 25/11/03 at 14:25
Regular
"\\"
mr sunday night wrote:
> u play bilbo baggins...

NOOOOOOO!? REAAALY!? In the hobbit game? Nevvverr!

I started reading TTT today. Up to the fourth chapter.
Tue 25/11/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cookie monster wrote:
> I took a knife to the polystyrene. There is a plastic strip that runs
> around the whole of the polystyrene box bit, you have to cut it in
> numerous places to free the poor gangrel creature.

That has to be the most poorly designed bit of packaging ever devised, as you said, take a knife to the polystyrene and find the strip of plastic, then just keep hacking away till you get the base free and then pull it out - surprised the statue never broke :|

Still it's free now and looks damn cool on the side :)

Cheers for the tip.
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:52
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Aoe wrote:
> Is there a hobbit movie coming out. Someone said there was.
not sure about the film all i know is a game is coming out . u play bilbo baggins...from what ive read its not very good.
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jive wrote:
> So how exactly do you get Gollum outta the box without destroying it
> completely?

I took a knife to the polystyrene. There is a plastic strip that runs around the whole of the polystyrene box bit, you have to cut it in numerous places to free the poor gangrel creature.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.