GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've worked out something about gameaday!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/03/01 at 21:39
Regular
I've noticed that whenever I mention my own winning when people have asked for help on winning themselves, or when I just mention the fact that I've won once before, I don't win!

On the rare occasions where I haven't even hinted about winning I won a game!

Is mentioning a win at all lowering chances of winning?
Tue 13/03/01 at 19:10
"possibly impossible"
Ignoring Sniper for a minute. I think it's probably a difficult task to pick winners, trawling through heaps of mails everyday. Obviously, someone will get missed for their last brilliant post and feel a bit down about it, but on the whole most of the efforts that have won have been fairly good.

Having said all that, I know that I've often seen topics that I thought would be really worthy of winning Gameaday not get picked because a review or something else was picked instead, again I think this is more down to the amount of posts that the guys at SR have to trawl through each day to find a winner rather than snubbing anyone.

And yes, I know I've won recently (thanks for reminding me Sniper :-)) but it's just as likely because something caught their eye in the post that they liked or they didn't have time to read everything that day and only had a small selection to pick from. Plus I'm probably not going to come up with much else that would be classed as winning material in the next month!

Edgy, I think you're right about the regulars wanting to keep things going, although it's hard at times to come up with ideas, but it's nice to get a fresh perspective from New people posting on the forum as well, although you do notice a lot of disapearances from those who either win for the first time or realise they've not won after the first week!

As for me, I just like to chat and reply to interesting posts a lot, it's only recently that I've retaken to posting new topics. You guys are making me feel guilty for winning now! And Sniper, I love all those new and interesting topics you've started in the last few months too (how many was it again?) ;)
Tue 13/03/01 at 18:40
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Surely you guys arent so material that its all about the winning?
> :-)

I would have thought that you'd like to post for the pure
> pleasure of it, or to help other people, not to satisfy your own
> selfish and greedy natures!

:-)

I do come on here for the fun!

However the free games for our help to make it fun are apprecited!

In fact the one day, this board got very quiet all of a sudden so I replied to a few topics I didn't even think were worth bothering with just to keep things going!

I'm sure many regulars have attempted to keep things going at quiet times-and haven't been recognised for their efforts!

Without us Regulars, there wouldn't be newbies to buy from this site! Us regulars tell our friends about the site who then in time become regulars themselves and then tell some of there friends, etc
Tue 13/03/01 at 18:32
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
"Surely you guys arent so material that its all about the winning? :-)

I would have thought that you'd like to post for the pure pleasure of it, or to help other people, not to satisfy your own selfish and greedy natures!"

You can tell you haven't been here long... :D
Tue 13/03/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Edgy... Any help you could give me on winning Game-A-Day would be most appreatiated! :)
Tue 13/03/01 at 15:04
No offense intended Edgy!
Tue 13/03/01 at 00:02
Regular
Surely you guys arent so material that its all about the winning? :-)

I would have thought that you'd like to post for the pure pleasure of it, or to help other people, not to satisfy your own selfish and greedy natures!

:-)
Mon 12/03/01 at 23:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
? = headphones
Mon 12/03/01 at 22:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That's quite a clever way around the swear filter.....
Mon 12/03/01 at 22:51
Regular
Some búgger wrote:

>Wow the PS2 uses joypads like all the other consoles do to control games

Definate winner that one!
Mon 12/03/01 at 22:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
I do agree that some average posts have won in the past.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.