GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My favourite game of all time is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening'.
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:53
Regular
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX on the GBC

This game is my personal favourite Zelda game and favourite game of all time. Maybe it was because it was the first Zelda game I played and completed, but I prefer it over many other games, hell I prefer it to OOT. I used to play games and not complete them. This was the first game I really wanted to complete, it's storyline was amazing, so much to do, so much exploration, some of the finest dungeons ever and lots of little secrets. It had the best ending of any game ever, and I actually nearly cried because I didn't want it to end, the end boss was amazing.

*spoilers*

The bit when everything dissapeared was so sad, everyone you met just went, and the bit when you wake up on that log, those graphics amazed me. The music at the end was the finest in any game

*end of spoiler*

Get it now, you won't be dissapointed, the only game that came close for me was Golden Sun.
Sun 22/05/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Indeed. How come you didn't get into Golden Sun 2? It's not as good
> as the first one, but it's still fantastic.

I thought GS 2 was just as good as GS, though some parts annoyed me- going back to the various locations to get the fricking Trident pieces, for example.

Still, quality games.
Sun 22/05/05 at 18:07
Regular
"i know all da cheat"
what is that game like it looks cool
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:26
Regular
I finished the non-DX version and it is a quality game. One of my favourite 2D Zelda's, that's for certain.

Not my favorite game ever... not even my favourite GB game. Pokemon Yellow takes that award.
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
There was some water temple thingumy I got horribly stuck in and other games took my attention. I will have to play through it properly at some point though.
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:14
Regular
Indeed. How come you didn't get into Golden Sun 2? It's not as good as the first one, but it's still fantastic.
Sun 22/05/05 at 17:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ok, since when did you become me? :\ Link's Awakening I got on GB, was and is my favourite Zelda to date and also one of my first games.. very amazing game. Marin <3

Anyway. Yeh, I remember it taking me about a month (whoever said they completed it in a couple of days is.. lying probably) and not wanting it to end. The ending animation on the tiny pixelated screen was positively tear-jerking. Then I got the GBC re-make and loved that too, getting all the extras like the photos. Hmm. And yes.. the only game that comes close, at least on a handheld anyway, is the original Golden Sun. Never got into the sequel as much.

You have good taste my friend, good taste indeed.
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:59
Regular
It took you a couple of days? when I first played through it, it took me about a month. Maybe that was because I was younger.
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
I vaguely remember playing the non-DX-ified version. Dont think I completed it. Then again it wasnt my copy...
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
The Wind Fish is, quite clearly, the weirdest thing a game has been structured around. I mean, wth? It's a flying Whale....

Anyway, the most frustrating part of Links Awaking was the fact that you HAD to collect all those freaking shells... that annoyed me. Plus, when I had to do the same with the Tribals in Jet Force Gemini, it reminded me of the horror.

Ooooh the horror.

Edit: and I still think OOT was the best Zelda game.... I loved it so much. Everything about it was just Amazing. Majora's Mask takes a very, VERY close second though... and then a Link To The Past was third. Also, thinking about it, I enjoyed Oracle of Seasons/Time more than I did playing Link's Awakening. Hmm.
Sun 22/05/05 at 16:57
Regular
I completed it in a couple of days but yes your right it is a good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.