GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My birthday 'Party'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 23:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
I typed this up for an MSN Group I have running with some friends, so it might include referances and joke which you don't understand;

Yup, 2 weeks later I did something with some mates;

Basic timetable for the evening

Shisha
Theatre
Dinner
Back to Niddles'

Shisha
My first experience of Shisha in the UK and t'was OK. I loved the whole atmosphere but the actualy baccy on the shisha was rather bad. Not bad, crap. I still have a bad throat.

Theatre
Stomp Rules. Stomp does actually rule above all other Musicals in the world. It's undescribable. Just see it.

Dinner
Dinner at the ever-so-hip Rock Garden restaurant in Covent Garden rocked. Muchly. 7 friends singing Happy Birthday to you was nice, especially when you're surrounded by 4+ waiters/waitresses also singing. I rock.

Back to Niddles'
Get home at 0100 after a trek from Central London to Ealing by Tube. By now we'd shed two of the group since there wasn't enough room in m house for everyone, and my mum would have gone apeshit if I brought back more than 4 people for sleep.

T'was at this point at which the evening started. 5 Veerry tired 16 year old guys sit in a room hardly bigger than 2m x 4m (my eerr 'Playroom') watching La Haine. During La Haine, people started pushing past the sleep barrier (The time at which you stop fealing tired and instead are stupidly hyper), so we started playing various mindless games on my XBox and listening to unhealthily loud Drum and Bass on my newly-bought 440W Speakers. By about 5:45am (Sunrise - Fasting starts for Saturday) I get something to eat and we all sit around the TV watching MIB2. EVERYONE falls asleep. I am sleeping on the floor, next to the TV William's sleeping next to me (:-P). In a space about 1.5m wide. Seb's on the Sofa (little wonker :-P) and Sam's sleeping next to Sofa and next to feet. Nikolai, on the other hand, slept on the floor in my room, 'coz he went to bed early (4am), under the assumption everyone would be sleeping in my room. We didn't.s

(Sleeping Arrangements are available at http://www.btinternet.com/~midalaljuzi/Sleep.bmp).

By 11 everyone was up and awake. Enough time for a round of 4-Player 50 frag Halo before everyone left.

It rocked. Muchly.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I don't think I'm even in touch with 60 people, let alone 60 people I
> want at my house.

I was at college and a couple of my mates were at a seperate college so I'd made quite a few friends at the time. There were a few relatives and some friends-of-friends, too, but I knew everyone one way or another.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:11
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
El Pinko wrote:
> Spanky that was a cheap way to boost your word count...

It wasn't
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:08
Regular
"That's right!"
I don't think I'm even in touch with 60 people, let alone 60 people I want at my house.

My 16th birthday, there were three of us, everyone else had exams that day, but it was still great. My 17th there were about 10 of us, 18th we went out, 19th was the crazy BBQ where my mates tried to set fire to everything in sight. Ah, happy memories... apart from tidying up. I *always* get left tidying up, except when Wal stopped by to "help" after I'd already finished once.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I managed to convince my parents to go away for the weekend so I could have my 17th birthday party at home with my brothers there to keep an eye on things. Fortunately, virtually all of the 30 people who came knew and got on with my parents so the house was respected and nothing got broken. Further more, by the time I got up the next morning - about 10 o'clock - about 4 of the people who'd stayed over had cleaned, polished and vacuumed the house so it was tidier than when my parents left! This paved the way for them going away every year so I could have my party.

The best one was my 21st when I invited 60 (yes: sixty) people and all but one person turned up, some of them bringing a few friends too - imagine over 60 people singing 'Happy Birthday'! It was a bloody great night and I didn't touch a drop of alcohol the whole night ...
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Spanky that was a cheap way to boost your word count...
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
I would like to point out that the theatre and dinner were not at standard London extorionate prices :-D. Theatre + 3-Course Dinner £20.

I can assure you that you (MoJoJoJo) spent more on alcohol than my thing-ma-bob :-D
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:29
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> I typed this up for an MSN Group I have running with some friends, so
> it might include referances and joke which you don't understand;
>
>
> Yup, 2 weeks later I did something with some mates;
>
> Basic timetable for the evening
>
> Shisha
> Theatre
> Dinner
> Back to Niddles'
>
> Shisha
> My first experience of Shisha in the UK and t'was OK. I loved the
> whole atmosphere but the actualy baccy on the shisha was rather bad.
> Not bad, crap. I still have a bad throat.
>
> Theatre
> Stomp Rules. Stomp does actually rule above all other Musicals in the
> world. It's undescribable. Just see it.
>
> Dinner
> Dinner at the ever-so-hip Rock Garden restaurant in Covent Garden
> rocked. Muchly. 7 friends singing Happy Birthday to you was nice,
> especially when you're surrounded by 4+ waiters/waitresses also
> singing. I rock.
>
> Back to Niddles'
> Get home at 0100 after a trek from Central London to Ealing by Tube.
> By now we'd shed two of the group since there wasn't enough room in m
> house for everyone, and my mum would have gone apeshit if I brought
> back more than 4 people for sleep.
>
> T'was at this point at which the evening started. 5 Veerry tired 16
> year old guys sit in a room hardly bigger than 2m x 4m (my eerr
> 'Playroom') watching La Haine. During La Haine, people started
> pushing past the sleep barrier (The time at which you stop fealing
> tired and instead are stupidly hyper), so we started playing various
> mindless games on my XBox and listening to unhealthily loud Drum and
> Bass on my newly-bought 440W Speakers. By about 5:45am (Sunrise -
> Fasting starts for Saturday) I get something to eat and we all sit
> around the TV watching MIB2. EVERYONE falls asleep. I am sleeping on
> the floor, next to the TV William's sleeping next to me (:-P). In a
> space about 1.5m wide. Seb's on the Sofa (little wonker :-P) and
> Sam's sleeping next to Sofa and next to feet. Nikolai, on the other
> hand, slept on the floor in my room, 'coz he went to bed early (4am),
> under the assumption everyone would be sleeping in my room. We
> didn't.s
>
> (Sleeping Arrangements are available at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~midalaljuzi/Sleep.bmp).
>
> By 11 everyone was up and awake. Enough time for a round of 4-Player
> 50 frag Halo before everyone left.
>
> It rocked. Muchly.

Your quite informative aren't you??
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I like the diagram.
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:22
Regular
"That's right!"
Theatre? Dinner?

Jesus! For my 16th we started drinking Bud at 9 in the morning before hitting each other with boxing gloves and moving on to the vodka. 5 bottles of beer and 9 shots of vodka later, we were watching Reservoir Dogs before my mum got back from work, saw how absolutely plastered I was, and threw my mates out. Went to bed at about 4pm, threw up a lot, woke up and watched Bravo Two Zero. Had a GCSE History exam the next day. Which I failed. No surprise.

Now THAT'S a 16th birthday party.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:18
"slightlyshortertagl"
:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.