GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Noisy fan ???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/03/01 at 12:37
Regular
Just a general question about the sound coming from my PS2, do all ps2 fans make a lot of noise? Sony tell me it should be near silent and have already replaced one unit but the hum from the second one is even louder.
Mon 12/03/01 at 12:37
Just a general question about the sound coming from my PS2, do all ps2 fans make a lot of noise? Sony tell me it should be near silent and have already replaced one unit but the hum from the second one is even louder.
Mon 12/03/01 at 12:48
Regular
"Complete Banker"
My fan is 'near silent' - much quieter than the one on my PC. Either you have exceptionally sensitive hearing or a dodgy fan!
Mon 12/03/01 at 12:50
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
my PS2 is as quiet as a libary..the only time it makes a noise is when i put NHL2001 in it .....then i am concerned . it makes the most worrying noise imaginable. but this aint the fan
Mon 12/03/01 at 12:53
This forum is where PS2 fans are at there most noisy eg

PS2 IS EXCELLENT

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT!

GO PLAY ON YOUR DREAMCAST THEM!!

Hehe!
Mon 12/03/01 at 12:58
It is loud enough to anoy me when I'm 15ft away watching a DVD, I think I'll have to send another one back horah!!! Has anyone managed to solve the timing problem with the sound?
Mon 12/03/01 at 13:11
Got my PS2 on 30/12/00 and it's as noisy as anything. It's the fan thats making the noise but all my friends that got one around the same time (first or second shipments) said theirs make the same loud noise. If Sony are replacing them then I'll give them a call.
Mon 12/03/01 at 15:14
But does it keep you cool ;-?

No - the lip sync problem is still 'resolved' by pausing the film.......
Mon 12/03/01 at 19:49
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
My PS2 also makes a loud noise, when I play PSX games there is no noise but when I play PS2 games it makes a loud noise also DVD’s make a noise but this stops when the film goes on to the next layer. Is this normal? I now its not the fan cos that just makes a low hum, so what is it?
Mon 12/03/01 at 22:32
Sometimes i turn my PS2 on and it hardly makes a sound but other times i turn it on and it sounds like there is a small construction team inside my PS2 buiding something! It doesn't effect the game play as far as i can tell but i might ask for a replacement anyway as i borrowed Mission Impossible 2 on DVD and it froze in the middle of the film and i lost roughly 20 mintues. I'm going to try another DVD and if that doesn't work i'll moan!!!

Darkreaper
Mon 12/03/01 at 22:36
Actually i just remembered something. Do you have your PS2 horizontal or vertical? I have mine vertical as i did try to play it horizontal once and it didn't like it at all!!! (it make a lot of noise and i sounded like it was actually damaging the machine) I also got a vertical stand to stop it from moving when i am playing on it and for a few quid it's worth it.

Darkreaper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.