GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alone - Short Story"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
"Where did you go?" Exclaimed Harry as he led the pack towards me.

I quickly hid my hands behind my back and blurted out "I just went to get a seat, you know, I..."

"Oh, because that makes you cool" Said Chris in his usual sarcastic tone. Chris and Harry were inseparable and I hated it. If Harry said 2+2 was 5 it wouldn't matter to Chris. Someway, somehow they would back each other up and make it right. I often wondered what would happen if one of them wasn't there, I guess it would be like sending a Knight into battle without his shield.

"Well I just didn't want to miss the adverts." I said rather sheepishly.

"Yeh whatever," said Harry like he had just listened to a lecture on house hold products. He could be so dissmissive of other people and their feelings.

But with that Harry and Chris walked right past me, I hadn't a clue where they went but I suppose two wrongs make a right. After that Gary and Richard approached me in their usual humble manor. I don't think they even knew where the other two went but as long as their dominating and smug selves where within a ten-meter radius they both decided to keep quiet.

I hated that. It really burned me up inside! Why should they keep quiet when they are no better or worse than the duel dictators themselves.

"Hey, where did you go?" asked Gary.

"Oh I just wanted to get out of there you know? They can really get on my nerves at times." I wasn't joking either.

"Ahh, yeh I understand. They wouldn't stop talking about that bloody game." Said Gary. Richard never really said much but you could tell what he wanted to say from a smile on his face or the way his arms were folded.

"Heh, yeh. Who gives a damn if Double Cash"

"Dash," Richard corrected.

"Dash, heh thanks for that. Comes out soon?" I certainly didn't ",Does he know the word ‘obsessed’?" I guess I'm not a die-hard gamer though.

"Exactly!" Laughed Gary. I really liked talking to Gary. We didn't have many of the same interests or even the same opinions most of the time but we could always bond over our dislike for those two maniacs.

"Come on! Jesus first you run ahead and now you're all standing around." It was Harry again. Him and his laky had come back loaded with sugar, chemicals and artificial preservatives...nice.

"Seriously get your act together Stephen." Said Chris from somewhere behind Harry in a joking tone. I had always sort of admired him for his way with words. He could make something as sweet and innocent as petting your cat sound like a night out at a strip club but we all took his comments in good fun.

"Fine, fine. Just give me a minute I'm going to go get a coke,” I said as I quickly walked across the red carpet and to the refrigerator.

"I'll see you all inside ok?!" I shouted back to them. I didn't really want a coke but it would take up a few minutes and when I went in I would see where they all were sitting and be able to go to the other side.

After I paid for my drink though a strange and surreal feeling come across me. It felt like a revelation of some kind but I had not quite reached the point of implication yet. As my flimsy cardboard ticket was ripped and the wide, yet dimly lighten hallway became open to me I ventured forward to find the room to which I had to go. Naturally not one of my friends had waited for me but I guess that was to be expected. I didn't hold anything against Gary, Richard or even Chris but for some reason I felt a horrible mental irritation whenever I so much as thought of Harry.

"Screen 7" I read my ticket out aloud. I was now quite far down that dark hallway and the path ahead was even darker. I could hear the meaningless noise of the adverts that had started. I couldn't face that. I just couldn't. I had humoured the interests of everyone there that night and there were still hours of their company to go. This was where I would make my stand.

I turned away from the darkness that lay before me and went back to the artificial lights and ruby red carpet of the entrance. The lights hurt my eyes as I left the hallway but I welcomed the pain. It was real. They were no facade; they did not hide their purpose or what they bring to the world. They brought both pain and light when the sun had failed me and I welcomed it.

Several hours later the reality of what I had done came to the front of my mind though. I had walked out on my friends and gone back to my home or at least to the one room of it in which I seemed to live. I wished so badly that I could turn back the clock. I wished I could have gone back in time and been the life and soul of everything we did that night but I had ruined it all. The night had come to an end and once again I was alone...
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Thanks FFF, the few paragraphs were the ones that I focused all of my creative efforts into :D The dialogue at the start was me trying to establish clean cut good and bad characters while giving my character motive to do what he does at the end without being too conventional. Anyway glad you liked some of it:D
Mon 17/11/03 at 19:43
"period drama"
The last 2 paragraphs were brilliant - nice desciptive stuff, the kind I like.
But the speech (yeah, most of it) was a little confusing to me. But then I much prefer short stories with no speech in it.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heh thanks for the advice PB :D
Sun 16/11/03 at 09:28
"possibly impossible"
Never let anyone put you off writing. Believe me, you'll have critics, everyone does.

Oh, look, I've made the post go back to the top again. Whoops! ;-)
Sat 15/11/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
It's up to them to choose whether or not they read it and I simply put it there as an option. Everyone here is allowed to post whatever they wish within reason and if I want to post my story then I will. Anyway talk to me on Messenger from now on.
Sat 15/11/03 at 16:06
Regular
"None Stored"
Cubist wrote:
> I wrote that to show these people just what
> happened that night.

Why would they care?
Sat 15/11/03 at 15:58
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Sometimes you have to do things that other people may not approve of. That was my story. I wrote that to show these people just what happened that night. It may not be accurate to the last detail with the closing few paragraphs being fictional however that is my account of the events and if I want to express them from my point of view then I will.
Sat 15/11/03 at 15:51
Regular
"None Stored"
You also failed to mention how equaly annoyed Gary and Richard were at you for sulking off on your own. Why did you make this so personal? You knew it would lead to troube, and still wrote it.
Sat 15/11/03 at 09:29
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Thanks Grix for the comment, I will try to keep writing and hopefully get better for you all :)

Thanks for your comment too Phuzzy but remember it is all told from my perspective and I have creative license so I can include whatever I want from my point of views and in my mind we are not inseperable. Anyway talk to you on MSN.

P.s. can you all guess which character he is?
Sat 15/11/03 at 09:21
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Doonhamer wrote:
> Good story, I can totally see where you coming from there.

Indeed. But then equally, he says Harry and Chris are inseperable, when it seems Gary and the writer are also inseperable / "knights without armour" which you fail to mention?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.