GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alone - Short Story"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
"Where did you go?" Exclaimed Harry as he led the pack towards me.

I quickly hid my hands behind my back and blurted out "I just went to get a seat, you know, I..."

"Oh, because that makes you cool" Said Chris in his usual sarcastic tone. Chris and Harry were inseparable and I hated it. If Harry said 2+2 was 5 it wouldn't matter to Chris. Someway, somehow they would back each other up and make it right. I often wondered what would happen if one of them wasn't there, I guess it would be like sending a Knight into battle without his shield.

"Well I just didn't want to miss the adverts." I said rather sheepishly.

"Yeh whatever," said Harry like he had just listened to a lecture on house hold products. He could be so dissmissive of other people and their feelings.

But with that Harry and Chris walked right past me, I hadn't a clue where they went but I suppose two wrongs make a right. After that Gary and Richard approached me in their usual humble manor. I don't think they even knew where the other two went but as long as their dominating and smug selves where within a ten-meter radius they both decided to keep quiet.

I hated that. It really burned me up inside! Why should they keep quiet when they are no better or worse than the duel dictators themselves.

"Hey, where did you go?" asked Gary.

"Oh I just wanted to get out of there you know? They can really get on my nerves at times." I wasn't joking either.

"Ahh, yeh I understand. They wouldn't stop talking about that bloody game." Said Gary. Richard never really said much but you could tell what he wanted to say from a smile on his face or the way his arms were folded.

"Heh, yeh. Who gives a damn if Double Cash"

"Dash," Richard corrected.

"Dash, heh thanks for that. Comes out soon?" I certainly didn't ",Does he know the word ‘obsessed’?" I guess I'm not a die-hard gamer though.

"Exactly!" Laughed Gary. I really liked talking to Gary. We didn't have many of the same interests or even the same opinions most of the time but we could always bond over our dislike for those two maniacs.

"Come on! Jesus first you run ahead and now you're all standing around." It was Harry again. Him and his laky had come back loaded with sugar, chemicals and artificial preservatives...nice.

"Seriously get your act together Stephen." Said Chris from somewhere behind Harry in a joking tone. I had always sort of admired him for his way with words. He could make something as sweet and innocent as petting your cat sound like a night out at a strip club but we all took his comments in good fun.

"Fine, fine. Just give me a minute I'm going to go get a coke,” I said as I quickly walked across the red carpet and to the refrigerator.

"I'll see you all inside ok?!" I shouted back to them. I didn't really want a coke but it would take up a few minutes and when I went in I would see where they all were sitting and be able to go to the other side.

After I paid for my drink though a strange and surreal feeling come across me. It felt like a revelation of some kind but I had not quite reached the point of implication yet. As my flimsy cardboard ticket was ripped and the wide, yet dimly lighten hallway became open to me I ventured forward to find the room to which I had to go. Naturally not one of my friends had waited for me but I guess that was to be expected. I didn't hold anything against Gary, Richard or even Chris but for some reason I felt a horrible mental irritation whenever I so much as thought of Harry.

"Screen 7" I read my ticket out aloud. I was now quite far down that dark hallway and the path ahead was even darker. I could hear the meaningless noise of the adverts that had started. I couldn't face that. I just couldn't. I had humoured the interests of everyone there that night and there were still hours of their company to go. This was where I would make my stand.

I turned away from the darkness that lay before me and went back to the artificial lights and ruby red carpet of the entrance. The lights hurt my eyes as I left the hallway but I welcomed the pain. It was real. They were no facade; they did not hide their purpose or what they bring to the world. They brought both pain and light when the sun had failed me and I welcomed it.

Several hours later the reality of what I had done came to the front of my mind though. I had walked out on my friends and gone back to my home or at least to the one room of it in which I seemed to live. I wished so badly that I could turn back the clock. I wished I could have gone back in time and been the life and soul of everything we did that night but I had ruined it all. The night had come to an end and once again I was alone...
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
"Where did you go?" Exclaimed Harry as he led the pack towards me.

I quickly hid my hands behind my back and blurted out "I just went to get a seat, you know, I..."

"Oh, because that makes you cool" Said Chris in his usual sarcastic tone. Chris and Harry were inseparable and I hated it. If Harry said 2+2 was 5 it wouldn't matter to Chris. Someway, somehow they would back each other up and make it right. I often wondered what would happen if one of them wasn't there, I guess it would be like sending a Knight into battle without his shield.

"Well I just didn't want to miss the adverts." I said rather sheepishly.

"Yeh whatever," said Harry like he had just listened to a lecture on house hold products. He could be so dissmissive of other people and their feelings.

But with that Harry and Chris walked right past me, I hadn't a clue where they went but I suppose two wrongs make a right. After that Gary and Richard approached me in their usual humble manor. I don't think they even knew where the other two went but as long as their dominating and smug selves where within a ten-meter radius they both decided to keep quiet.

I hated that. It really burned me up inside! Why should they keep quiet when they are no better or worse than the duel dictators themselves.

"Hey, where did you go?" asked Gary.

"Oh I just wanted to get out of there you know? They can really get on my nerves at times." I wasn't joking either.

"Ahh, yeh I understand. They wouldn't stop talking about that bloody game." Said Gary. Richard never really said much but you could tell what he wanted to say from a smile on his face or the way his arms were folded.

"Heh, yeh. Who gives a damn if Double Cash"

"Dash," Richard corrected.

"Dash, heh thanks for that. Comes out soon?" I certainly didn't ",Does he know the word ‘obsessed’?" I guess I'm not a die-hard gamer though.

"Exactly!" Laughed Gary. I really liked talking to Gary. We didn't have many of the same interests or even the same opinions most of the time but we could always bond over our dislike for those two maniacs.

"Come on! Jesus first you run ahead and now you're all standing around." It was Harry again. Him and his laky had come back loaded with sugar, chemicals and artificial preservatives...nice.

"Seriously get your act together Stephen." Said Chris from somewhere behind Harry in a joking tone. I had always sort of admired him for his way with words. He could make something as sweet and innocent as petting your cat sound like a night out at a strip club but we all took his comments in good fun.

"Fine, fine. Just give me a minute I'm going to go get a coke,” I said as I quickly walked across the red carpet and to the refrigerator.

"I'll see you all inside ok?!" I shouted back to them. I didn't really want a coke but it would take up a few minutes and when I went in I would see where they all were sitting and be able to go to the other side.

After I paid for my drink though a strange and surreal feeling come across me. It felt like a revelation of some kind but I had not quite reached the point of implication yet. As my flimsy cardboard ticket was ripped and the wide, yet dimly lighten hallway became open to me I ventured forward to find the room to which I had to go. Naturally not one of my friends had waited for me but I guess that was to be expected. I didn't hold anything against Gary, Richard or even Chris but for some reason I felt a horrible mental irritation whenever I so much as thought of Harry.

"Screen 7" I read my ticket out aloud. I was now quite far down that dark hallway and the path ahead was even darker. I could hear the meaningless noise of the adverts that had started. I couldn't face that. I just couldn't. I had humoured the interests of everyone there that night and there were still hours of their company to go. This was where I would make my stand.

I turned away from the darkness that lay before me and went back to the artificial lights and ruby red carpet of the entrance. The lights hurt my eyes as I left the hallway but I welcomed the pain. It was real. They were no facade; they did not hide their purpose or what they bring to the world. They brought both pain and light when the sun had failed me and I welcomed it.

Several hours later the reality of what I had done came to the front of my mind though. I had walked out on my friends and gone back to my home or at least to the one room of it in which I seemed to live. I wished so badly that I could turn back the clock. I wished I could have gone back in time and been the life and soul of everything we did that night but I had ruined it all. The night had come to an end and once again I was alone...
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:11
Regular
Good story, I can totally see where you coming from there.
Fri 14/11/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Light of the world"
You have a very unique way of writing which I like...

You direct and feed the audience on the necessary info of what is happening. Then in another paragraph you will explain your own feelings you sort of flip from 1st person to omnipresent narrator.

I like it
Fri 14/11/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol thanks lil ginge. I think the reason I wrote this one in such a strange unique style was because apart from the end it is based entirely on a true event which happened in my life and the 4 people i mention are my real friends just with different names.

Although in reality there wasn't that kind of conclusion it did happen and unfortunately it was on my birthday :(
Fri 14/11/03 at 22:26
Regular
Which will win the 14/11 GAD, The Ultimate Future, or this. Fingers crossed.

All vote now.
Fri 14/11/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
That was a malicious attack on my post! **phones Police** Ohh yeh, they have "murders" to solve pfft. Ahwell, I'm sure you'll win it due to pure quantity apart from anything else but I didn't do it for the GAD anyway.

N.B. Remember other people can win too:D **checks all recent walkthroughs**
Fri 14/11/03 at 22:56
"possibly impossible"
Interesting story. If I had one criticism, I felt it could have had more to it, but what's there is good.
Fri 14/11/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Thanks PB, glad you took the time to give feedback. Woo hoo a 36 time GAD winner liked my post...reasonably. Woo hoo:D
Fri 14/11/03 at 23:46
Regular
"Teal'c"
H.M wrote:
> Which will win the 14/11 GAD, The Ultimate Future, or this. Fingers
> crossed.
>
> All vote now.

A walkthrough.

hafhafhafhafhafhaf
Sat 15/11/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol now that would just be a slap in the face of everyone who has put in the effort here today...would be quite funny though :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.