GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twitter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/07/09 at 15:55
"The Videogame King"
Twitter is becoming very popular. Its on a website, the Iphone and Ipod touch, mobile phone, even in a widget on Verizon Fios TV. WOW! I don't visit twitter because i don'tl ike the videos that people put on there. Twitter, MySpace and Facebook, the three biggest social networking sites of them all.
Mon 20/07/09 at 18:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
"Ok Spoonbeast.....so the point of his post was....?"

Its stupidly obvious. It was about pizza. How blind can you be?
Mon 20/07/09 at 11:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dragonlance wrote:

> Keeping a diary is personal and private...letting people know
> what you are upto isn't...it's like dead boring...went to B&Q
> today and bought a bathroom suite because me mum died in the bath
> yesterday and we needed to sell the house soon ...etc
>
> Ok Nin.....so the point of the original post was....?

LOL That's a little bit opinionated, and even a little bit disturbing for the example you used. :S

Myself I tend to stay away from these sites, as I do not like the social networking scene. I would and do use it sometimes to see what some of my old "friends" are up to though.

I do agree with blogging in some cases. Like that guy who had terminal cancer and used blogging to keep people informed and raise money for the charity. Don't think you could call that ego sustaining, but that is a one off.

A large propertion probably are ego building but hey, that's life. Not just bloggers.

And before you ask, I am not aware of the posters original point either.
Sun 19/07/09 at 22:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Keeping a diary is personal and private...letting people know
> what you are up to isn't...it's like dead boring

Matter of opinion. Not even a caffeine addled child with ADD could be bored by Twitter seeing as it takes about 10 seconds to read. With people I don't see or speak to often it's useful just to read snippets of what they're up to.

> Ok Nin.....so the point of the original post was....?

Christ knows!
Sun 19/07/09 at 22:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
> Elevating his own ego above the "deluded" masses.
> For some people blogging is about ego, although those people
> probably don't know what an ego is (see, I can do it too). For
> others I think it's just like keeping a diary or letting people
> know what they're up to, no different to a conversation about
> what you've been up to.
> I've had my Twitter account for about 9 months and apart from
> the 1 person I allow to read it, it's a private thing for my own
> record.

Keeping a diary is personal and private...letting people know what you are upto isn't...it's like dead boring...went to B&Q today and bought a bathroom suite because me mum died in the bath yesterday and we needed to sell the house soon ...etc

Ok Nin.....so the point of the original post was....?
Sun 19/07/09 at 21:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Elevating his own ego above the "deluded" masses.
For some people blogging is about ego, although those people probably don't know what an ego is (see, I can do it too). For others I think it's just like keeping a diary or letting people know what they're up to, no different to a conversation about what you've been up to.
I've had my Twitter account for about 9 months and apart from the 1 person I allow to read it, it's a private thing for my own record.
Sun 19/07/09 at 20:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> Blogging is sad really. People who think they're someone thinks
> their opinion or thoughts really count. In fact they're deluded
> and letting their egos swell by posting it so that the wide world
> can hear or read their opinions on life.
>
> Twitter is a lazy mans version of stroking their ego. Can't be
> bothered to write their own full blogs and decide to go for the
> quick fix solution.
>
> "Today i won the football match in my pe class!."
>
> Yeah, as if life had to stop just to hear that.

Ok Spoonbeast.....so the point of his post was....?
Sat 18/07/09 at 22:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
Blogging is sad really. People who think they're someone thinks their opinion or thoughts really count. In fact they're deluded and letting their egos swell by posting it so that the wide world can hear or read their opinions on life.

Twitter is a lazy mans version of stroking their ego. Can't be bothered to write their own full blogs and decide to go for the quick fix solution.

"Today i won the football match in my pe class!."

Yeah, as if life had to stop just to hear that.
Sat 18/07/09 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And your point is.......:-)
Sat 18/07/09 at 15:55
"The Videogame King"
Twitter is becoming very popular. Its on a website, the Iphone and Ipod touch, mobile phone, even in a widget on Verizon Fios TV. WOW! I don't visit twitter because i don'tl ike the videos that people put on there. Twitter, MySpace and Facebook, the three biggest social networking sites of them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.