GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo Deluxe edition Online?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/03 at 14:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/ default.asp?subsectionid=159&articleid=66184&pagetype=2

Hell yes, count me in.
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:29
"I love yo... lamp."
Dreams do come true! I thought of a Live version of it the other day.

I think it would be a good idea. Firstly, it looks like Halo 2 will be out at Easter, but perhaps it was running late again. By bringing out an online version it would keep interest and hype up.

Also it is time for Halo to go to the classics range. If Halo Deluxe Edition as Prima call it is released at £20 like Ghost Recon Island Thunder then a lot of people would buy it. I would. And if a few new things were thrown in then all the better.

16 player system link Halo was the absolute mutts nuts. By bringing it to live it would boost live numbers, sell a lot of copies and give bungie enough time to fully do Halo 2 rather than rush it.

Perhaps this is what was actually delaying it.

And whilst Halo has an online multiplayer on the PC I would rather have it on Live. The reason for that is that Halo on PC is a resource hog, and my PC would not run it without an upgrade.

Yey yey yey!
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Mr Snuggly - you work for SR yeah? So if such a game was to come out
> surelly you would be first to know as SR would need to stock it.
>
> Is your posting of this topic a clever way of telling us without
> "actually" giving away the secret? If so please say yes!
> Online Halo with GameSpy is cool with voice I may have a heart
> attack.

I can categorically state that in my position at Special Reserve, I am privy to almost no interesting information from anyone whatsoever. In fact, you kids probably know me than I do just by reading other people's websites. This one, however, I reckon to be true. Would explain why it was never released as a Classic, non?

My prediction - an announcement on Saturday in the US, a Halo Deluxe Edition to be released worldwide in Jan/Feb, a budget price with online functionalities. There's no way something like this could be finalised, distributed and advermatised before Christmas. All speculation, I'm afraid.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:13
Regular
now this is something i would get live for
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:59
Regular
Sounds good to me :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:49
"slightlyshortertagl"
If they release it as a £10-£15 Live Download, I'll consider it.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Depends on price, Moto GP had live functions added to it with the Live disc last year.

Will it be an add on disc, or the whole game again with an added Live option ? I think from what it says it will be whole thing again.

In that case I won't get it because it's not wroth 30-40 for something which will be obsolete when Halo 2 comes out in March.
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
It will rock, but the PC version is very very good online..

Cool though.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm not so sure. The game itself is good but nothing so flabbergastibly incredible like most people say it is. Sure the multi was fun, but it is 2 years old - old graphics (but still decent-ish), and perhaps the new PC weapons. Wahey.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Of course, Microsoft had no plans to go online when Halo was released, which is why the original didn't have Live compatibility.

No wait...

On a serious note though, single player was dull as cricket, and though I haven't played it on PC, I would imagine that it's one of the few FPS games worth playing online.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:04
Regular
It'll be worth it though.

Halo single player was pretty dull to be honest, but the multiplayer...well I never got to properly experience it, but the thought of driving around in warthogs and crashing into each other and stuff is just too tempting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.