GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Family Guy - better than the Simpsons? No, but still pretty damn good!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Who are you?"
The Simpsons quote forum got me thinking about this. My favourite quote from family guy has to be:

Peter: "Ok you're a feminist and I think that's adorable but this is grown up time and I'm the man."

Probably just as offensive as South Park but in a slightly more subtle way. (Not too subtle but come on, I am comparing it to South Park!)

Great characters, great one liners and moments that will have you crying with laughter. Still don't think it quite topples the Simpsons from its throne but cartoons have been trying to do that for what seems like forever and all failing. This comes as close as any though. Shame it didn't get a very good run on TV. Just a late night slot on channel 4 on Friday nights until Big Brother came back.
Wed 12/11/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think Family Guy is better than the simpsons by far and so is futurama but that's not quite the best. FAMILY GUY IS:D It was just hilarious. Why did they stop it:(

The best quote has to be -

"Peter could you at least do the laundry?"

"Oh i don't know louis remember what happened last time?"

**goes to scene of peter emptying a dryer**

"Hey I'm missing a sock."

**climbs into dryer and falls out of a portal to Narnia. There is a half man half goat guy standing there holding his sock**

Goat guy says "Welcome to the land of Narnia!"

"Hey give me back my sock you goat b@$tard"

**goat dude runs off with his sock**

Lol BRILLIANT :D
Wed 12/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Light wrote:
> From the 1st series:
>
> Diamonds: She'll pretty much have to
>
>
> A friend of mine and I both literally fell out of our seats laughing
> at that one.

Beat me to it. Best TV gag in the show.
Wed 12/11/03 at 18:59
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
'The episode where peter needs to find the scroll to win the partucket beer competition'

* peter walks in the room stumbling around*

Lois: Peter are you drunk?
Peter: No, I'm just tired from staying up all night drinking.

Or in the same episode

Lois: Peter if you keep drinking, I'm scared something terrible will happen.

Peter: Yeah, something terrible. . . all the way to the bank.

Brian: . (short pause) . nice.
Wed 12/11/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The entire episode called "Death is a bltch" Is great, with Willaim Shatner and everything, makes me laugh everytime.

Willaim Shatner: The enterprise has stammered across something strange in the gamafalopian star system, Zulu hit warp nine *trousers rip, "captains log" written accross bottom of pants*
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The best jokes are as follows...

Peter: "Excuse me is your refridgerator running? Because if it is it probably runs a lot like you... very homosexually."

===

Interviewer: So Mr. Griffin, where do you see yourself in five years?
Peter *distracted by a picture of the interviewer, his attractive wife, and his son*: (don't say doin' your wife, don't say doin' your wife, don't say doin' your wife) Doin' your....son?

===

peter: make like siameese twins and split...and then one of you die

===

*lois and peter walking into a chruch*
Peter- " i hope i don't have to give more money, i gave money to the last chruch and im pretty sure it all goes to the same god."
Lois- "PETER!"

===

Hitler: If you are going to be in ze state providence area and vud like tickets to see hitler cal 213 - ZER BLAKENSTIENEN KEBERNSTAVEN!!!
Wed 12/11/03 at 23:25
Regular
"Who are you?"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> I had trouble stopping myself laughing after that quote.
>
> Tempted to get all three seasons on DVD in a funky boxset for
> £50. Not bad at all. Maybe afTer christmas.

You can get them cheaper if you buy them individually. Each series is £15.
Thu 13/11/03 at 08:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
"Emission Impossible"

Peter - "So we gonna do it, or what?"
Louis - "Peter! Not while Stewies here"
Peter - "(sigh) Back in a minute"

(Peter comes back in and flings himself down, with a satisfied look on his face)

Stewie - "You! Where have you been?!"

(Looks at Peters satisfied look, looks into bathroom and sees toilet, looks down onto bedside cabinet where a bra sale page from a magazine is visible)

Stewie - "YOU! YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

Its criminal. How an animated series can be just so wrong and politically incorrect is amazing.
Thu 13/11/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Monster wrote:
> You can get them cheaper if you buy them individually. Each series is
> £15.

I got Series one brand new for £9.99 in ASDA.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:35
"LOLLERSKATES!"
family guy is absolutely hilariuos, but when they are both at their best, the simpsons wins for me ........
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:44
Regular
The Simpsons, after 14 series', is by far the more consistant. But Family Guy just makes me laugh so much more. At the end of the day, they're both ground breaking and excellent. I can't decide between the two.

In fact, in the very first episode, when Kool Aid Man jumps in through the court room wall and shouts "OH YEAH!" had me and my friends in stitches for five minutes and is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

And it's been axed??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.