GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Family Guy - better than the Simpsons? No, but still pretty damn good!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Who are you?"
The Simpsons quote forum got me thinking about this. My favourite quote from family guy has to be:

Peter: "Ok you're a feminist and I think that's adorable but this is grown up time and I'm the man."

Probably just as offensive as South Park but in a slightly more subtle way. (Not too subtle but come on, I am comparing it to South Park!)

Great characters, great one liners and moments that will have you crying with laughter. Still don't think it quite topples the Simpsons from its throne but cartoons have been trying to do that for what seems like forever and all failing. This comes as close as any though. Shame it didn't get a very good run on TV. Just a late night slot on channel 4 on Friday nights until Big Brother came back.
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Who are you?"
The Simpsons quote forum got me thinking about this. My favourite quote from family guy has to be:

Peter: "Ok you're a feminist and I think that's adorable but this is grown up time and I'm the man."

Probably just as offensive as South Park but in a slightly more subtle way. (Not too subtle but come on, I am comparing it to South Park!)

Great characters, great one liners and moments that will have you crying with laughter. Still don't think it quite topples the Simpsons from its throne but cartoons have been trying to do that for what seems like forever and all failing. This comes as close as any though. Shame it didn't get a very good run on TV. Just a late night slot on channel 4 on Friday nights until Big Brother came back.
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Balls"
futurama better than both? yes. was it discontinued? yes. is that the gayest thing ever? yes.
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:20
Regular
Family Guy best quote ever :

"Hi, want some chewing gum?"
"Yeah thanks!"
*starts chewing*
"HA! that was joke chewing gum! Now you're addicted to heroin!"
*starts shaking*
"I'm cold"
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:24
Regular
"I'm Great."
I had trouble stopping myself laughing after that quote.

Tempted to get all three seasons on DVD in a funky boxset for £50. Not bad at all. Maybe afTer christmas.
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:34
Regular
"8==="
I have series 1&2.

I need to get 3!

*Starts shaking*

I'm cold.
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
"Family Guy - better than the Simpsons?"

Yes, of course. Family Guy has been axed after three seasons thus remaining fresh and innovative. I gave up on The Simpsons after "Bart The evangelist" and the one where Maggie saves Homer from drowning. A couple of chuckles an episode as opposed to a good few gut laughs when it was in its heyday? Criminal.

Family Guy I tend to laugh consistently at. Sure there are some poor ones, but I feel the cruel and more adult humour wins in the end.

Family Guy = Bill Hicks. Innovative, genius, offensive and sadly cut down before its time.

Simpsons = Bill Connelly. In its time, innovative, genius, offensive but now sadly well past its sell by date.

To quote Trainspotting: -

SICK BOY: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie or Lou Reed—

RENTON: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

SICK BOY: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just sh|t£.
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:58
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Family guy is the best in my opinion. The New simpsons are just embarrasing to watch.
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:04
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
My favourite quote is this one:

"Let me just put on my rubber gloves.

*fumbles hand around in box*

strange, these don't feel like rubber gloves, more like a load of broken needles. Maybe if I reach down a little farther...

*fumbles more*

No, just feels like more broken needles.

*takes hand out of box to find two dozen syringes protruding from it*

Oh dear...

*collapses*
"

Something like that. It is class.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
From the 1st series:

Diamonds: She'll pretty much have to

A friend of mine and I both literally fell out of our seats laughing at that one.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:55
Regular
I love Family Guy, made me laugh a hell of a lot in every single episode. The new Simpsons I know for a fact I don't laugh even once. I'm still a fan of the Simpsons, I'd be sad to see it go and all, and I enjoy the games they pump out but I have no idea where I'm going with this. Funniest episodes go to Family Guy. Simpsons with best quotes purely because of the sheer number of episodes. Favourite characters goes to the Simpsons, there are tons so you're bound to like a few of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.