GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Family Guy - better than the Simpsons? No, but still pretty damn good!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Who are you?"
The Simpsons quote forum got me thinking about this. My favourite quote from family guy has to be:

Peter: "Ok you're a feminist and I think that's adorable but this is grown up time and I'm the man."

Probably just as offensive as South Park but in a slightly more subtle way. (Not too subtle but come on, I am comparing it to South Park!)

Great characters, great one liners and moments that will have you crying with laughter. Still don't think it quite topples the Simpsons from its throne but cartoons have been trying to do that for what seems like forever and all failing. This comes as close as any though. Shame it didn't get a very good run on TV. Just a late night slot on channel 4 on Friday nights until Big Brother came back.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:01
Regular
What you may have failed to notice, El Pinko, is that The Simpsons is a comment on American society and has far more subtle humour than Family Guy. I watched one episode and thought "Gah", it was terrible, it was frankly a cash in on far funnier shows and trys to add elements of South Park and The Simpsons, and quite frankly, fails.
I do agree that Futurama should be brought back as that was a top-notch show, but still doesn't retain that deeper meaning and anti-hero style characters of the Simpsons. They are anti-heros, because who would want to live next to them?
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:44
Regular
"Hallelujah"
The Simpsons is an example of just how unfunny celebrity guests can be.

Family Guy NEEDS to be brought back. I bought all the DVDs and I want more.

I've been watching it since 99 when it launched, I remember thinking Stewie said "EF-ing cry" in the opening credits the first time I heard it and the butter-rum gag on the first episode that made me laugh so hard. Bring it back, and axe Simpsons while it still has a shred of dignity. And bring back futurama...man the axe all the good shows and keep cr@p like Simpsons and King of the hill. Idiots.
Fri 14/11/03 at 16:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
"and now time for the black weather"
*cut to black guy in front of a map*
"... it's gonna RAIN!"

*lmao*
family guy is ace. it got cancelled because (sad but true) it was too clever for the average american audience. The gags were too fast and a lot of them were lost the average american. not so much a reflection of american mentality, i do feel Family Guy's humour has a LOT of british comedy (python etc) in the timing and delivery... (that Family Guy sketch about the crime rate in england, where we have "drive-by arguements"... "oh reginald?... I DISAGREE!" *speeds off* :) )

FG is wonderous, no contest. the latest simpsons offerings have been beyond awful...
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Its naf on TV, they cut all the funny stuff out.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:18
Regular
Shame i never seem to find it on instead of that evening Tv crap.
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:19
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Maverick42 wrote:
>
> In fact, in the very first episode, when Kool Aid Man jumps in
> through the court room wall and shouts "OH YEAH!" had me
> and my friends in stitches for five minutes and is probably the
> funniest thing I've ever seen.
>

So thats it's name I was laughing but didn't know who the hell it was.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:44
Regular
The Simpsons, after 14 series', is by far the more consistant. But Family Guy just makes me laugh so much more. At the end of the day, they're both ground breaking and excellent. I can't decide between the two.

In fact, in the very first episode, when Kool Aid Man jumps in through the court room wall and shouts "OH YEAH!" had me and my friends in stitches for five minutes and is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

And it's been axed??
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:35
"LOLLERSKATES!"
family guy is absolutely hilariuos, but when they are both at their best, the simpsons wins for me ........
Thu 13/11/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Monster wrote:
> You can get them cheaper if you buy them individually. Each series is
> £15.

I got Series one brand new for £9.99 in ASDA.
Thu 13/11/03 at 08:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
"Emission Impossible"

Peter - "So we gonna do it, or what?"
Louis - "Peter! Not while Stewies here"
Peter - "(sigh) Back in a minute"

(Peter comes back in and flings himself down, with a satisfied look on his face)

Stewie - "You! Where have you been?!"

(Looks at Peters satisfied look, looks into bathroom and sees toilet, looks down onto bedside cabinet where a bra sale page from a magazine is visible)

Stewie - "YOU! YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

Its criminal. How an animated series can be just so wrong and politically incorrect is amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.