GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ngage, lowered its price"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/11/03 at 16:20
Regular
"nooblet"
it was £300 about 2 weeks ao, now it is, £229.
it has dropped about £71, guess how much the games for it are?
they are an outrageous £30.
I mean most games on a phone would be only like £2,

do you think they are being a bit silly putting the prices at that much?
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:03
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
They'll have to drop it considerably more before they see any of my cash.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
£300 was asking too much, but even at £229 it's still overpriced. Considering that you can get a PS2 for £138 an x-box for £130 and a gamecube for just £80, paying over £200 for a handheld which plays next gen games with last gen graphics and that has games which cost just as much as those found on any of the three consoles, isn't exactly what I'd call a good deal.

It's even more expensive than the Gamboy Advanced, and while I'm sure Nokia could say "ah yes, but it's also a mobile phone and MP3 player", for £230 you could not only buy a games console, but a mobile phone as well, and if you get one cheap enough maybe you'll have enough left over for a game.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"nooblet"
AliBoy wrote:
> I've been hearing news that they are going to re-design it and bring
> out an updated version in Q1 next year, round about March - April
> time.
>
> Not sure if it is true or not but it does look like the ngage is
> struggling to take off.

im not sure about it being redesigned, but it went of to a horrible start it only sold 500 in game all over scotland.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:48
Regular
"nooblet"
you never know, for every one sold they loose money.
just like the Xbox now, everytime you buy an Xbox microsoft looses £200, ( quick everyone buy an Xbox :D)
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Still not as cheap as I got mine for:P
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've been hearing news that they are going to re-design it and bring out an updated version in Q1 next year, round about March - April time.

Not sure if it is true or not but it does look like the ngage is struggling to take off.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Badgerman wrote:
> How long did that take you to work out maths man?

About half a second, if I'm honest. It's not totally accurate though, as if 'd used my calculator, I would have realised that the difference in price is actually a mere 23.7%.

I'm clearly getting rusty.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Nokia won't go bankrupt. They are worth 10s of billions of pounds. They might not make money out of the N Gage but it won't bankrupt them.

I also refuse to completely rule out the N Gage's chances of ever doing anything much, as the Xbox looked so poor performing at first. However, it has now in the last quarter made money!
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:37
A phone is a phone, bot a bloody games console, so i would never buy one.
If i wanted a phone i would buy an ok one at £100.
Then i would buy one of them GP32 console things for about £100, then i can play ok games and watch films and speak on the phone at the same time.
I spose they are ok if you have a spare £400 lying around, so i won't be getting one any time soon. (Well, i wont get one ever)
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:35
Regular
"nooblet"
Badgerman wrote:
> Bane wrote:
> A 25% price cut after one month of release?
>
> How long did that take you to work out maths man?
>
> EH?
>
> Stop looking at my PLImsolES!!!

looks like it only took him 4 mins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.