GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello there."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/01 at 13:01
Regular
I go away for one damn day, and look what happens... :D

I'm quite confused, and very tired, so I ask for a favour, what has happened in here for the last day and a half?

I notice two new people, Tarrent, and Your Honour... who is Your Honour, and I think Tarrent is a newbie, but I'm not sure.

Any news as well? Thanks for any replies to this, but I really cannot be arised to look. :0)
Tue 28/07/09 at 08:53
Regular
Hi That's brilliant news on your lens.

We had a great day Saturday, and have found the good spots for practice with manual settings.

I was looking at the otter and butterfly place, did you go, I thought it might be worth a look for a day out with the club?

We are all on the Hoe tonight, I have some exercises for everyone.

We should get a discount with dpmag in the next week or so as I have signed the club up now. They offer some really good challenges which should put us though our paces.

Regards
sue
Sat 25/07/09 at 12:31
Regular
dodgyphoto wrote:
> letsgetout wrote:
> Hi Wayne, thanks very much for the link, I have found it on the
> map and we are going today, I thought you said Lockwell. What
> did
> you do about the lens?
> Sue
>
> Hi Sue,
> I rang the shop and asked them if there was any chance of a
> discount, but as the lens was only a couple of months old i didnt
> feel as though haggling was a good option, so i went in and
> brought it anyway. I was lucky as it came with a new uv filter
> and a lens hood and they threw in a case for me as well which i
> thought for the money was a good price as i would have had to pay
> extra for those bits had i got it of the internet.I have had a
> play with it and the results look great so im happy. Thanks for
> the advise it was much appreciated. Hope you have a good session
> at lopwell today.
As the weather doesnt look to good tomorrow im thinking of heading to the butterfly and otter centre at buckfastleigh to give the lens a going over, only 20 minutes up the road and cheap to get in.
>
> Wayne
Sat 25/07/09 at 12:26
Regular
letsgetout wrote:
> Hi Wayne, thanks very much for the link, I have found it on the
> map and we are going today, I thought you said Lockwell. What did
> you do about the lens?
> Sue

Hi Sue,
I rang the shop and asked them if there was any chance of a discount, but as the lens was only a couple of months old i didnt feel as though haggling was a good option, so i went in and brought it anyway. I was lucky as it came with a new uv filter and a lens hood and they threw in a case for me as well which i thought for the money was a good price as i would have had to pay extra for those bits had i got it of the internet.I have had a play with it and the results look great so im happy. Thanks for the advise it was much appreciated. Hope you have a good session at lopwell today.

Wayne
Sat 25/07/09 at 08:43
Regular
Hi Wayne, thanks very much for the link, I have found it on the map and we are going today, I thought you said Lockwell. What did you do about the lens?
Sue
Fri 24/07/09 at 15:50
Regular
Hi Sue, here is the link http://www.swlakestrust.org.uk/index.php?id=409 regards to lopwell dam.

Hope you have a good time especially if you go tomorrow as the weather looks good.

Wayne
Fri 24/07/09 at 10:18
Regular
Hi
Thanks for the tips, Chris and I are heading off this weekend to have a look around and Wayne suggested Lockwell, yet to find it on the map, near Roborough, but it has a lot of Wild birds and views, when I get chance I will try to put a page on the website with map references to the good spots, and one who fancies helping is more than welcome.
Sue
Wed 22/07/09 at 19:03
Regular
There's a few places i like to go while i'm out and about with my camera in plymouth, Cadover is quiet nice with a car park and ice cream van on the weekends there's a bridge and bendy roads with a river running down to Shaw Prior

http://mdlister.getmyip.com/pics/cadover.jpg

burrator is also good with a good size walk round with some stunning views of the moors as a back drop

http://mdlister.getmyip.com/pics/pan.jpg
http://mdlister.getmyip.com/pics/burrator.jpg

down by the tamar as well

http://mdlister.getmyip.com/pics/tamar.jpg

and the barbican as always

http://mdlister.getmyip.com/pics/barbican.jpg

are just a few ideas
Thu 16/07/09 at 10:41
Regular
When we opened the club, we needed to get it off the ground first with the lessons and tutorial days, but now we need to look at the times we can get out with our cameras, which will be the Camera Club Days Out, these will not be teaching days, but myself and Tatti will be there to help with the settings needed to get a certain type of shot and thought we would bring some big flasks to make tea and coffee with, and water for juice, a big tin of cakes and we can all head off to some good locations.

None of us are from Plymouth, so we are starting today, to go and plan our Dartmoor day out, which will start with the ponies by the tea rooms, then on to princetown, where we will go to the tourist information desk and see whats about, then on to Dartmeet, which I know quite well and then return via Tavistock, where once again we will call in at the information desk, to see whats there for us.

Once you have all completed your lessons and for those who are already quite good with your cameras, these will be the fun days out, I would like to go to Dartmoor for an evening shoot, sunset and stars night and also early mornings, which bit though?

Do you know Dartmoor well?
Anyone who fancies helping to put days together is welcome.
Sue
Sun 11/03/01 at 17:10
Regular
SNIPER wrote:
> snoopy?

I can`t be held responsible for the fact that you can`t spell.
Sun 11/03/01 at 17:06
Regular
lol!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.