GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scream"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 20:47
A car stops outside an expensive hotel, there is a scream and a lot of money changes hands. Why?
Wed 12/11/03 at 12:31
Bane wrote:
> There is a significant difference between insanity and ignorance, a
> difference I would imlpore you to understand a little better before
> labelling people one or the other.

Just to add, the guy who set the questions is also one of my lecturers, so I (and the whole dept.) should know.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:07
... and I wouldn't say he was ignorant. as setting these types of questions are supposed to benefit the programmer, as they must "think laterally from time to rime in order to solve a problem".
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:05
But he is rather insane.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
There is a significant difference between insanity and ignorance, a difference I would imlpore you to understand a little better before labelling people one or the other.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:04
Yeah, that's what we thought. Still, the guy who set the questions is relatively insane.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:03
Yep, that's right!
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:02
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Oh these questions are so gay.

Lateral thinking? Crap. More like trying to divert your own creativity to map that of someone who devised the questrion and their own personal answer.

If it were truly an exercise in lateral thinking, any number of answers could be considered correct.

For example:

A car stops outside an expensive hotel, there is a scream and a lot of money changes hands. Why?

1) Man bets wife £500 that she won't stand outside the London Hilton and scream at the top of her lungs. Wife accepts and promptly wins bet.

2) Bloke molests bird he picked up whilst in a taxi on the way back to her place. As the taxi slows for a red light, she jumps out and screams. Man also jumps out, passes money over to taxi driver to make him go away, and also to the woman by way of an apology before skulking off into the night.

I could go on, as the possibilities for such a scenario are infinite, including such bizzarities as the events being completely unrelated altogether.

Such questions aren't clever, indeed they are outlandishly stupid.
Wed 12/11/03 at 09:48
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Icarus wrote:
> A car stops outside an expensive hotel, there is a scream and a lot of
> money changes hands. Why?

They are playing Monopoly?
Mon 10/11/03 at 22:21
"Mimmargh!"
Icarus wrote:
> I'll give you mine as an Xmas present, that'll do.

Can I have the toast instead? Not that I am trying to push my luck.
Mon 10/11/03 at 22:06
I'll give you mine as an Xmas present, that'll do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.