GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever had a PS2 and it broke? I have"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
Christmas , 2 years ago I recieved a Playstation 2. I was overwhelemed with joy but the worst was to come.There had been quite alot of problems with it.Some of these problems were
The disc tray started to shake as it came out,
The DVD Player wasn't working :Every DvD started to jump
When I switced it on to Play Grand Thef Auto 3 a blue spark came out of the memory card port.

I have had quite alot of friends who got a Ps2 but it broke.

So then , has your Ps2 ever broke ?
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:30
Regular
"\\"
I know of no xboxs or gamecubes breaking. But i hear all the time about PS2s breaking.

Conclusion. Sony are cheap and spend hardly anything on making things finished off.

Solution. Buy an xbox/gamecube next time your PS2 breaks.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
"nooblet"
nope,
it has 1 problem, but i can live with it,
when ever i play a dvd it doesnt work if you go to the browser, you have to press the green light till it goes on standby, then click and hold the green light till the blue light goes on and that starts the dvd up automatically.
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:10
Regular
I too have had 2, but only because I sold my first for an Xbox, then got another for christmas off my girlfriend.

Never had any faults with either.

Last time I had a faulty console was on my first ever Playstation - around 4 years after having it, I foolishly got it chipped.
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I have had 2. End of discussion.
Tue 11/11/03 at 09:27
Regular
"hit the road jack"
There is a video on Phi11ip's site called 'How to trash your gamecube'. It maybe something to do with the shape of the cube but throwing it out of the back of a pick-up and having it towed behing it for 200 yards watching it bounce and tumble along the road only for them to successfully boot up Mario Sunshine afterwards. It takes three sledge hammer blows before it is totally smashed.
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:40
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i have come to an conclusion!

ps2, xbox, gamecube ect
can be broken

we get annoyed when they do hence this topic

*end*
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:36
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> Solution: Buy an Xbox or gamecube.
>
> I did
>
> *hugs xbox*
>
> You must be a big guy to have arms long enough to get all the way
> around the thing like that..

Hur hur hur.
Isn't we the funny guy :P
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:36
"period drama"
My PS2 of 3 years works perfec'
I've never even been that careful either.

Like that thing about putting it on standby before turning the main switch off - what's up wth that. Most people who do that end up with a knackerd PS2, so i guess it's some kind of conspiracy.
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:29
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
> What ever are you on about? You trying to say you chipped your PS2 on
> your own?

well kind of yes but i am really trying to say is ps2s are durable (RE: ps2 sucks get xbox). so some ps2s are dodgy but not mine.

and i had some help getting the chip off the internet.
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:01
"I love yo... lamp."
b銊ánt wrote:
> i have unscrewed the case looked inside sniped a few wires and put a
> chip in since that moment it has never moved because of the danger of
> it breaking with chip!
> but 2 years later it still works fine and so does the chip!

What ever are you on about? You trying to say you chipped your PS2 on your own?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.