GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Peter Reid sacked..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 18:09
Regular
"es argh"
http://www.skysports.com/ skysports/article/0,,1-1110742,00.html

Leeds ARE going down
Mon 17/11/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, but he's only planning on investing a mere £10m in the club. And that's not even a quarter of their total standing debt!

But I suppose every little will help...
It is believed that this money could somehow be used to secure the signings of a few 'cheap' players. So, really, they're only looking at the likes of Lamine Sakho and Salomon Olembé, who are already at the club, on-loan.

If they could find more money from investors, they'd be able to buy some 'better' players. West Ham's return to the Premiership isn't guarrenteed, so I reckon they could get a good deal on someone like Michael Carrick, if they had more money.

It's not a totally 'hopeless' situation, but it isn't great, either.
Sun 16/11/03 at 20:02
Regular
They're not that far behind...

If that foreign investor invests... there be hope.
Fri 14/11/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I really don't see how ANY other manager is gonna be able to make any kind of difference, with Leeds in their current state - which doesn't look like it will be changing anytime-soon, either!

At least Peter Reid had a good knowledge and understanding of the players around him, in HIS team.

If Paul Hart or even David O'Leary were to walk into the job now, they'd need a good month or two to get a good 'knowledge' of it all, before they could really start to turn things around.
And within those 5-or-6-weeks, Leeds could so easily fall even further behind, so quickly!

They need to hang onto and make use of what they've got - and to start doing it as soon as possible.

Whether Smith and Robsinson and co. do stay-on next season or not, they're still unlikely to have a squad like this again for some time, with the number of loan players in the team.

They're doomed now, and that's about it, really!
Wed 12/11/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Leeds united came out of bankruptcy.

After the football drought due to the First World War during 1915-8, a lot of clubs found themselves in financial trouble, due to the lack of games (and therefore ticket sales). Leeds City were in massive trouble, due to spiralling debts.

They auctioned off their players to other clubs, and sold off their training ground. They then reformed under the name of Leeds United. Not completely relevant, I must admit. I don't think that Leeds Utd will sell their training ground, although it could make a shedload of cash. :)
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:56
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Why would it be a sad day for the premeirship?
>
> Good riddance to crap I say.

Leeds, like Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool are one of the mega teams of the country no matter how well they are doing.

They are part of England's footballing history and to lose such a massive team because of stupid debt problems will be a sad sad day for football.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Only Viduka would turn up late for training, causing riots by the waiting fans.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:41
Regular
They should just convert Elland Road into a Colloseum type thingy and charge people to watch Smith and Viduka fight with thier bare hands against Lions and tigers on days they aint playing football.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
*sigh*

Explanatory mode:

Leeds stated at the start of last season that they had £70million debts. They about £60 million worth of players and they're debts increased to £84 million.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
?
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I think they should sell all the remaining players, force through an Act of parliament forcing all season ticket holders to buy 15 2003 club strips and reduce the remaining wage bill to zero.

After these measures, the clubs debts will, SOMEHOW rise to £150million.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.