GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FINALLY THE ANSWERRRRR."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/01 at 10:42
Regular
in IGN my question was answered:

Will the Game Boy Advance released in Japan play US games, or vice-versa?

Yes. Like the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, there will not be any sort of territory lockout -- meaning, you'll be able to import a Japanese system and have the ability to play US-released games on it.

and

How much is the system going to cost?

The Game Boy Advance will debut in the US at $99.99 When the system is released in Japan, it will cost 9,800 yen (a little over US$83).

$83 thats like £57!! yes and its universal! yes and the three games I have chosen are Sonic Adventure Advance, Mario Advance and oh yes: Mario Kart Advance.
only three weeks to go!
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
keep trying!
Sun 11/03/01 at 11:28
Regular
I supposed i'll have to, i really want to get my hands on one though, they look amazing, shouldnt have said that really, not after contribuitng to the HYPE thread.
Sun 11/03/01 at 11:13
Regular
"everyone says it"
I really wouldn't import one from a website unless you are willing to spend over 150 for the GBA alone. see if you know any relatives from Japan or the US and take advantage.
Sun 11/03/01 at 11:11
Regular
Your right.

Im trying to find a web site at the moment that i can import one through. If anyone finds one can they let me know?

Is there actually a european release date set yet?
Sun 11/03/01 at 11:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
it ain't my fault, if you were given the choice would you take it?? I think so
Sun 11/03/01 at 11:03
Regular
lucky b*****d!
Sun 11/03/01 at 10:57
Regular
"everyone says it"
apoc! I am not MR.SNUGGLY.

and I am not getting it imported I know someone going there for two weeks and its my dads friend, she is getting it for me and my dad is paying for the hardware and I am paying for the games, I am probably getting two because I could sell one over here for a bit of profit!!

GBA with 3games from JAP: £120
GBA and 3 games from UK: £170

I cannot wait. I am also getting sin and punishment for the 64. I cannot wait till April!
Sun 11/03/01 at 10:47
Regular
wont you have to pay import tax if you import stuff?
Sun 11/03/01 at 10:45
cheers for the news mr snuggly
Sun 11/03/01 at 10:44
Regular
can you tell me where you have ordered yours from cos i wanna import one as well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.