GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And they wonder why the Cube sells crap..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 09:59
Regular
Right, XMas is on the horizon, stupid parents are getting ready to splash out hundreds of pounds on games consoles and all Nintendo can coe up with is the occasional "Whoohoo!"

Sony have a great little advert out, it's subtle but stays in your mind. XBox also have a brilliant little Rainbow Six 3 advert, along with the XBox logo stuck onto the pretty good True Crime advert.

Then there's Sony's 'Network Play' adverts for the likes of Fifa, and a fair few that EA have set loose, along with Simpsons: Hit & Run.

Where does that leave Nintendo? Nowhere. Nowhere shouting 'Whoohoo' like a bunch of stupid idiots. Supposedly 13 million Euros/Pounds (can't remember which) are going to be spent on marketing for XMas by Nintendo on Europe alone. But are there any signs of this? No.

One good advert. That's all it'll take, it's not like they don't have anything to show off about; Mario Kart, Cube at only £80, some great Player's Choice titles and a wealth of amazing games come XMas. Viewtiful Joe of which should get at least some coverage because it's the best thing since sliced Pac-Man.

Here's to hoping...
Wed 12/11/03 at 09:03
Regular
After playing the demo of Billy Hatcher, I know I will not be getting that game.

I don't believe it to be crap. It's just not suited to me.
Tue 11/11/03 at 22:33
Regular
Billy Hatcher is a top game. Take that back.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:13
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
Microchips wrote:
> I saw a Billy Hatcher advert yesterday.
>
> Now I want.

The ad shows that at least nitendo/sega (don't know who does the ad) are doing some advertising, if only for a crap game.
And last night I saw the mkdd ad which has 2 golf carts racing and an old lady chucking stuff from the back of one. (wipes a tear from his eye) It's so funny.
Tue 11/11/03 at 17:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I saw a Billy Hatcher advert yesterday.

Now I want.
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
When i see something advertised constantly, I tend not to buy the [product
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:55
Regular
Nintendo's advertisement campaign when they have something to advertise.

They've advertised the price and the players choice games and there were more viewtiful joe print ads than any other game I've ever seen.

When Mario Kart arrives expect one or two adverts advertising that and the new Gamecube bundle. Expect a few adverts for 1080, Mario Party 5 etc...

Expect ENOUGH. Remember advertisment really helped Kill the Dreamcast and Nintendo need to be cautious... yet not too cautious.
Tue 11/11/03 at 12:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The adverts are always going to displease someone.

Nintendo are aiming towards the 'family' demographic.
Mon 10/11/03 at 17:06
"cheerios"
Rickoss wrote:
> ...the best thing since sliced Pac-Man.

lol
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:10
Regular
Last year people were moaning more about how crap Nintendo's lineup was.
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Miserableman wrote:
> We have this discussion every year, it's futile :O/
>
> Yeh, but there are new members every year and they might want to join
> in. How do they know you discussed it last Christmas?

Lighten up, you missed the point. Every Christmas, everyone moans about Nintendo not advertising their lineup, and it never changes. It's one of the constants of the videogaming universe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.