GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And they wonder why the Cube sells crap..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/11/03 at 09:59
Regular
Right, XMas is on the horizon, stupid parents are getting ready to splash out hundreds of pounds on games consoles and all Nintendo can coe up with is the occasional "Whoohoo!"

Sony have a great little advert out, it's subtle but stays in your mind. XBox also have a brilliant little Rainbow Six 3 advert, along with the XBox logo stuck onto the pretty good True Crime advert.

Then there's Sony's 'Network Play' adverts for the likes of Fifa, and a fair few that EA have set loose, along with Simpsons: Hit & Run.

Where does that leave Nintendo? Nowhere. Nowhere shouting 'Whoohoo' like a bunch of stupid idiots. Supposedly 13 million Euros/Pounds (can't remember which) are going to be spent on marketing for XMas by Nintendo on Europe alone. But are there any signs of this? No.

One good advert. That's all it'll take, it's not like they don't have anything to show off about; Mario Kart, Cube at only £80, some great Player's Choice titles and a wealth of amazing games come XMas. Viewtiful Joe of which should get at least some coverage because it's the best thing since sliced Pac-Man.

Here's to hoping...
Sat 15/11/03 at 01:22
Regular
leflus wrote:
> The gamecube is at least selling more than the xbox!

Totally unimportant. Nintendo just need to make a good profit, how well it sells in comparison is merely for mud-slinging.
Fri 14/11/03 at 22:20
Regular
The gamecube is at least selling more than the xbox!
Thu 13/11/03 at 20:16
Regular
Wow Gamecube doubles as a s**t salesman.

Like it.
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:59
Regular
Read the topic title again! :-)
Thu 13/11/03 at 00:40
Urm.... where did you get that idea from Strafex?
Wed 12/11/03 at 20:43
Regular
If the Gamecube really sold crap then that would be a big selling point.

Imagine, instead of having to invest in a toilet, you could actually profit from your excrement, all thanks to a little purple box...
Wed 12/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> There's a Billy Hatcher advert?!? I want to see it. Personally, I
> don't see why they don't advertise VJ, Rebel Strike or F-Zero. Why
> wait until Mario Kart, they're three killer titles that could sell by
> the bucketload if people bothered to know they exist.

There is also a VJ advert...

I don't know about F Zero though.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:20
Regular
There is an ad for Rebel Strike, it was on Sky the other day (can't remember which channel) and has some alien talking about the best way to destroy those Giant AT-AT's(?). There was game footage in the back with a rebel, rope climbing his way to the machines 'belly' and giving it a good going over with his weapon.
Wed 12/11/03 at 10:14
Regular
There's a Billy Hatcher advert?!? I want to see it. Personally, I don't see why they don't advertise VJ, Rebel Strike or F-Zero. Why wait until Mario Kart, they're three killer titles that could sell by the bucketload if people bothered to know they exist.

The Resident Evil advert was brilliant, surely Capcom could do something similar?
Wed 12/11/03 at 09:30
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I played tphi's the other day. Was very good although I wasnt quite sure what to do right away. But if you fancy a new platformer with a twist or have a fetish about chickens there isnt a reason not to buy it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.