GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro Update - Known bugs and fixes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/07/09 at 14:54
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

We are well aware that there are several bugs with the large update to our InstantPro service. This has effected some customers sites and we are doing our best to correct these problems as soon as possible.

This thread will be used by me to make you aware of the problems we know about. I will update each problem when it has been fixed.

If you have edited any of your site pages since the update and the content seems to have messed up (mainly due to font size changes) then you have the option to get all your old content copied across again. Please let me know using the link under my avatar or send in a support ticket.
This will overwrite all your current site content so any page updates you have made will be lost.

I appreciate that this caused significant inconvenience to customers and we apologise for this. We are trying to resolve the following problems as soon as possible:

Problem with font sizes: The editor has a problem mapping the old font sizes used in page content to the new font size that is not in use. This causes pages that have been edited to display differently.

Update: As of 15/07/2009 this has been fixed and fonts are now mapping correctly. See the information above if your site has been effected by this and you wish for your content to be re-copied.

Statistics: User were finding statistics for the current month showed pages that didn't belong to their site and that there were no statistics for June 2009.

Update: This has been corrected as of 14/07/2009.

Problems saving content from the WYSIWYG editor (standard pages, intro text etc: There have been several reports, both from users and the InstantPro automatic error reporting, of users unable to save page content. This seems more common in the older IE6 browser.

Update: As of 2pm on 15/07/2009 this has been fixed. It was caused by a bug in the editor software for a special work around it has for Internet Explorer.

Problems uploading files: Some users may have experience problems when trying to upload files (images, media and documents).

Update: As of 15/07/2009 this has been fixed.

Problem with wrong stock banner image on site: A few users may have found that the stock banner they chose for their site had changed.

Update: As of 15/07/2009 this has been fixed.

Problem with the Logo Creator: We are aware of a problem with the logo creator that causes some text to be 'chopped off' when using some fonts.

Update: This is now fixed as of 11:30am 16/07/2009.

Problem with page preview functionality: When previewing a Work In Progress page the preview shows the main version of the page instead.

Update: This is now fixed as of 16/07/2009.

Page update times: The last updated dates of edited pages aren't being updated.

Update: This is now fixed as of 18/07/2009.

Emails sent from contact forms: Some users may find that emails sent from their contact pages aren't reaching the email address specified when setting up the contact page.

Update: This is now fixed as of 04/09/2009 and was caused by the server sending out mail using a generic From address.
Thu 16/08/12 at 09:48
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi AZKTahir,

I've checked your sitemap and it seems to be working for me, to view your sitemap just add /sitemap.xml to the end of your site's URL.

As for Flash, this could be due to several things, send a ticket to the Support Guys with some more information and they should be able to offer some advice.
Wed 15/08/12 at 16:58
Regular
Hi, I was trying to use sitemap but it is not working, further I noticed that flash video is also not working. Any change. Thanks Afzal
Fri 19/11/10 at 08:28
"Are you sure?"
Have you tried checking in your Junk/Spam folders?

Unfortunately I've found Freeola's 'formmail' does often get sent there.

I would also check the email address that you are using by visiting your 'contact' page using the sitebuilder.
Perhaps try another email address as a test if you can't see anything wrong?

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 18/11/10 at 20:11
Regular
Thanks for your response. Emails received from other sources no probs but I have not received either of your messages from the contact page or the guest book, nor have I received an email notification. I have sent a message to the support team to have a look as suggested.
Thu 18/11/10 at 13:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I have tested your website and left messages on both the guestbook and the contact page.

The guestbook appeared to work correctly, and I can only assume that the user was not filling in the "Captcha" details when they submitted the comment.

This would result in an error message appearing in the Captcha field (but otherwise looking as if it had sent). However the user should be presented with a confirmation message saying it had sent, which it appears they did not.

The contact page is more difficult. Please submit a support ticket via our support page for one of my colleagues to investigate this issue.
Thu 18/11/10 at 09:43
"Are you sure?"
Hi builderboy and welcome to the forums!

I would start by checking you haven't got email problems.
Are you picking up normal emails sent to the address you are using with your InstantPro site?

When a Freeola staffie sees your post they'll no doubt have a look at your site to check things for you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 17/11/10 at 21:21
Regular
Help please - my customers seem to be having difficulty in posting a comment on my Guest Book page. When I have tried there has been no problem but I have got a friend to send a message which he says appears to have been sent but I have not received it. I have also tried to leave a message from the Contact page but I have not received that. Also I do not seem to be getting notification at my email address. Thanks
Fri 15/10/10 at 17:08
Regular
Hi Raywill,

I've had a member of our Systems Team look into the matter, and he believes it's just a case of waiting for the DNS to sort itself out. Because you've only recently changed your website from a regular holding page to an InstantPro Homepage, it takes a little while for all of our systems to catch up.

It shouldn't take long before your website is appearing on the web, so all I can recommend for the moment is sitting tight.

If your website is still not appearing in a couple of hours, it may be worth dropping our Customer Support team a quick e-mail, and they'll investigate the situation further for you.
Fri 15/10/10 at 16:24
Regular
My website page will not go live ??
Wed 16/12/09 at 13:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks McLong - just checked my site to see the best way to layout my next content upload and was pleasantly surprised to see it fixed :)

Will add the freeola link back on the footer later :)

Thanks again and will get back to you if I get any more problems :d

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.