GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"He Hit Me (very short story)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 23:19
Regular
"not dead"
**There's a story behind this story, which I'll share in a day or so, might make a bit more sense then**

I don’t know what hurt me more, the fact that he hit me, or that it caused Jess to fall from my hold onto the floor. I watched in horror as she fell, her squeal resonating through me. I was so relieved when she landed safety. I could believe that way she seemed to flip round at the last moment, I was so sure that she was going to land on her head and be killed for sure.

The second I knew that she wasn’t hurt I turned by attention back to him. How could he do this to me? For so long I had offered him shelter and protection. None of the others that have been and gone had ever done anything like that to me. Yes, there have been many over the years. Some flashy and good looking, some battered and blue, some young ones and some ready for the scrap heap. Some came close to hitting me before, I have to admit, there have been times when I’ve seen them coming at me, only to stop at the last minute, but not this time, a hefty blow, shaking me to my roots.

Of course, he’ll say it was an accident, that he didn’t mean to hit me, that he couldn’t help it, and maybe he’ll be telling the truth, but I can’t live like that. I’m not as young as I used to be, and I’m not about to accept this kind of treatment now. Perhaps this will be the end of the road for him. Maybe he’ll move on after this. They never ask me to come with them, but I wouldn’t go if they did. I’m not the kind to just uproot and go traipsing across the country.

It’s not like he cares about Jess either. I’m sure that I’ve seen him try to hit her too. Thankfully she’s quick on her feet, and manages to avoid him when he’s in a hurry, that’s when he’s at his worst.

Hopefully this won’t affect the way Jess treats me. I couldn’t bare it if she no longer wants to be with me. I find such comfort when she is curled asleep on me. I love the way she softly purrs as she relaxes in my branches. If only that damn car hadn’t have hit me…
Tue 18/11/03 at 17:58
Regular
"keep your receipt"
excellent! At first I was under the impression that the narrator and assailant was human and Jess was a cat...good trickery, enjoyed the twist.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:49
Regular
"not dead"
Kyz21 wrote:
> Meka Dragon wrote:
> >I wrote it because I enjoy reading
>
>
> ... not writing, then?
>
> Wax on, wax off.

I was obviously thinking about reading at the time.

Funny you should finish with a touch of waxing, the tutor on my writing course says the 'The KArate Kid' is a fantastic example of great scriptwriting, and it's something they use as an example in the LA Scriptwriting school. Or somewhere, I'm not good with places...
Sun 16/11/03 at 21:54
"period drama"
Great stuff.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
>I wrote it because I enjoy reading

... not writing, then?

Wax on, wax off.
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:16
Regular
"not dead"
Thanks for the comments.

cops stink, how do I win? Well I didn't write this with the intention of winning GAD, I wrote it because I enjoy reading, and because I was defying guidelines. That it won is fantastic.

Little Hobbo, email me on [email protected]
Fri 14/11/03 at 10:06
Regular
"..."
Nice work :) I thought it was wicked, and i hate reading.
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:48
Regular
You get a gold name if you bribe the judges.
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:56
Regular
"God bless video gam"
Meka Dragon, how do you win? Please tell me! I really want to win!
Thanks!
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:54
Regular
"God bless video gam"
Crazy_Daisy wrote:
> This was a pretty compelling read, and by far the most original thing
> I have read in quite some time! The ending was great, now I know why
> you win so often! :-D

HOW?
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
This was a pretty compelling read, and by far the most original thing I have read in quite some time! The ending was great, now I know why you win so often! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.