GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Matrix Revolutions Opiniones Thread Ye Seconde... (no spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If I had to describe the film in one word, that word would be "overlong". It was a good film, raised the bar for the next batch of special effects blockbusters, and the plot had everyone scurrying about on the internet for months. But you can have too much of a good thing. The scale of the battle scenes and tidying-up of the plot made Reloaded almost redundant in it's purpose. In fact, you could quite easily watch the "trilogy" as just two films and still make sense of it.

All the elements of a good film were there - story, action, drama - but it lacked any sort of empathy for the characters, leaving you un-fussed if any of them snuff it (which they do). The problem is that there are only about 5 scenes, but they're stretched out to at least 30 minutes each. The battle for Zion, the Neo/Agent Smith fist fight - they go on for far too long, outside the acceptable limits of audience interest. But as they say repeatedly in the film: "Everything that has a beginning as an end". But it wasn't a very good ending. Everything gets resolved one way or another, but they've left it wide open for more sequels, which is quite disappointing as it ruins the tension and suspense of waiting for the final outcomes of all the various going-ons.

As a special effects and action film it is awesome (dude!). No clunky CGI sequences like in Spider-Man, or Tombraider - they've clearly put loads of money into making the scenes look as though they could exist for real. A good example of a "popcorn movie", although you could probably get through several boxes of popcorn before the scenes are out! The only gripe I have with the action sequences is that they've all been done before. In fact, a huge chunk could have been ripped straight out of Return Of The Jedi, and they even went as far as mimicking certain scenes from the original Matrix film. But the special effects are still impressive. Possibly even better than the Lord Of The Rings movies. Of course, no film will come near Jurassic Park. Ever!

But an acting film it ain't. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are guilty of more acting crimes than the entire Baldwin family put together. But it helps get through the hyped-up plot, as they deliver their lines so woodenly, you couldn't fail to get the message. "Why am I here?", "What is that for?", "Who are you?". It's like they learnt their lines off a Speak-and-Spell. Luckily there's not too much speaking to be done by these two. Laurence Fishburne and The Oracle lady get the highest word count, but they don't get a much better than Neo and "Trin".

Overall, it's still a good film. A worthy addition to the series, but only just. It comes second out of the three, but only really because it held the answers posed by the first film. But that's good enough for me. After months of waiting and speculating over how the Wawotsits will end it, I finally know. And it's, well, y'know, ok.
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:31
Regular
*gyrocopter pilot
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:31
Regular
the trainman was that gyrocopter out of mad max 2, he should have said something along the lines of "looks like I got me some gasoline, eh?"

or not
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:26
Regular
The Trainman part was a wasted opportunity.
"You see, I nuilt this place, I'm god here"

They coulda made so much more of that, you know, like, a worthy challenge for him.

Bah.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
cookie monster wrote:
> When the camera was panning past that woman who was getting a nipple
> twister i almost died,

I completely forgot about that. It was one of those moments where you wonder if you even saw it at all, and look around at everyone else to see them doing the same. A bit like that part of Fight Club where he inserts one frame of a peenees into the film, and people aren't sure if they saw it or not.

Do you reckon it was scripted or just off the cuff? I can't imagine someone taking such liberties, but at the same time I can't imagine the direction involved. "Grab her nipple between thumb and forefinger, pull it away from the breast, twist. It's quite simple. Take 2."
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
When the camera was panning past that woman who was getting a nipple twister i almost died, but thankfully it didnt turn into another rave scene.
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
What amused me was the merovingian going on about how hard he was, and how they didn't have enough bullets to kill him, then Trinity grabs a gun and points it at his head, and he just gives them what they want.
Mon 10/11/03 at 15:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Just got back from seeing this. I thought it was great, i dont know if it was because my expectations were low or what, but at the end i came out feeling that my cash was well spent.

Why the merovingion has a gimp club is beyond me though.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, just idiotist.
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
That's racist
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> it didn't give any easy answers,

We saw two different films.

And what's with Seraph? He couldn't say "oracle" to save his life.

"Owaco"
"Sorry? Oreos?"
"Ow-a-co!"
"What's that Skippy, the boys are trapped down the mineshaft?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.