GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Matrix Revolutions Opiniones Thread Ye Seconde... (no spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If I had to describe the film in one word, that word would be "overlong". It was a good film, raised the bar for the next batch of special effects blockbusters, and the plot had everyone scurrying about on the internet for months. But you can have too much of a good thing. The scale of the battle scenes and tidying-up of the plot made Reloaded almost redundant in it's purpose. In fact, you could quite easily watch the "trilogy" as just two films and still make sense of it.

All the elements of a good film were there - story, action, drama - but it lacked any sort of empathy for the characters, leaving you un-fussed if any of them snuff it (which they do). The problem is that there are only about 5 scenes, but they're stretched out to at least 30 minutes each. The battle for Zion, the Neo/Agent Smith fist fight - they go on for far too long, outside the acceptable limits of audience interest. But as they say repeatedly in the film: "Everything that has a beginning as an end". But it wasn't a very good ending. Everything gets resolved one way or another, but they've left it wide open for more sequels, which is quite disappointing as it ruins the tension and suspense of waiting for the final outcomes of all the various going-ons.

As a special effects and action film it is awesome (dude!). No clunky CGI sequences like in Spider-Man, or Tombraider - they've clearly put loads of money into making the scenes look as though they could exist for real. A good example of a "popcorn movie", although you could probably get through several boxes of popcorn before the scenes are out! The only gripe I have with the action sequences is that they've all been done before. In fact, a huge chunk could have been ripped straight out of Return Of The Jedi, and they even went as far as mimicking certain scenes from the original Matrix film. But the special effects are still impressive. Possibly even better than the Lord Of The Rings movies. Of course, no film will come near Jurassic Park. Ever!

But an acting film it ain't. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are guilty of more acting crimes than the entire Baldwin family put together. But it helps get through the hyped-up plot, as they deliver their lines so woodenly, you couldn't fail to get the message. "Why am I here?", "What is that for?", "Who are you?". It's like they learnt their lines off a Speak-and-Spell. Luckily there's not too much speaking to be done by these two. Laurence Fishburne and The Oracle lady get the highest word count, but they don't get a much better than Neo and "Trin".

Overall, it's still a good film. A worthy addition to the series, but only just. It comes second out of the three, but only really because it held the answers posed by the first film. But that's good enough for me. After months of waiting and speculating over how the Wawotsits will end it, I finally know. And it's, well, y'know, ok.
Sun 09/11/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If I had to describe the film in one word, that word would be "overlong". It was a good film, raised the bar for the next batch of special effects blockbusters, and the plot had everyone scurrying about on the internet for months. But you can have too much of a good thing. The scale of the battle scenes and tidying-up of the plot made Reloaded almost redundant in it's purpose. In fact, you could quite easily watch the "trilogy" as just two films and still make sense of it.

All the elements of a good film were there - story, action, drama - but it lacked any sort of empathy for the characters, leaving you un-fussed if any of them snuff it (which they do). The problem is that there are only about 5 scenes, but they're stretched out to at least 30 minutes each. The battle for Zion, the Neo/Agent Smith fist fight - they go on for far too long, outside the acceptable limits of audience interest. But as they say repeatedly in the film: "Everything that has a beginning as an end". But it wasn't a very good ending. Everything gets resolved one way or another, but they've left it wide open for more sequels, which is quite disappointing as it ruins the tension and suspense of waiting for the final outcomes of all the various going-ons.

As a special effects and action film it is awesome (dude!). No clunky CGI sequences like in Spider-Man, or Tombraider - they've clearly put loads of money into making the scenes look as though they could exist for real. A good example of a "popcorn movie", although you could probably get through several boxes of popcorn before the scenes are out! The only gripe I have with the action sequences is that they've all been done before. In fact, a huge chunk could have been ripped straight out of Return Of The Jedi, and they even went as far as mimicking certain scenes from the original Matrix film. But the special effects are still impressive. Possibly even better than the Lord Of The Rings movies. Of course, no film will come near Jurassic Park. Ever!

But an acting film it ain't. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are guilty of more acting crimes than the entire Baldwin family put together. But it helps get through the hyped-up plot, as they deliver their lines so woodenly, you couldn't fail to get the message. "Why am I here?", "What is that for?", "Who are you?". It's like they learnt their lines off a Speak-and-Spell. Luckily there's not too much speaking to be done by these two. Laurence Fishburne and The Oracle lady get the highest word count, but they don't get a much better than Neo and "Trin".

Overall, it's still a good film. A worthy addition to the series, but only just. It comes second out of the three, but only really because it held the answers posed by the first film. But that's good enough for me. After months of waiting and speculating over how the Wawotsits will end it, I finally know. And it's, well, y'know, ok.
Sun 09/11/03 at 11:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
There be spoils ahead, yarrr.

I think the reason the second and third movies appealed to me so much is because they took the story from the first movie and made huge leaps. I couldn't have possibly imagined about the places that Reloaded and Revolutions visit. Sequels tend to stick rigidly to the formula of the movie that made it successful and I think that's why people were kind of knocked back by Reloaded, because it was a very different beast. Revolutions, in my mind, was a highly satisfactory ending to the series - it didn't give any easy answers, wasn't afraid to pull any punches and was tied up neatly at the end.

Saying that, the first hour is guff, the Trainman bits are pointless and Neo's dialogue is pretty crap all round. Smith wasn't in it enough, the new Oracle was good but not as good as Gloria Foster (and the reason for her 'change in shell' was a bit glossed-over) and the bits with the Merovingian seemed a bit extraneous.

Good bits? The whole battle scene. Smith in the Oracle's kitchen ("Cookies need love like the rest of us, hahaha"). The swarms of squiddies flying around the dock. The fights actually meaning something, unlike in Reloaded (the Seraph fight scene was useless) - here, fights involving Neo actually were about something, and he was in danger. The problem with Reloaded was that no-one got dirty, you never thought for a second that any of the main characters would lose or get hurt. The final fight scene in the crater is excellent, as is Smith's little diatribe.

Overall - 8/10.
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, that bit with the Agent Smith's in the Oracles' flat - did they rape the little Indian girl? It sure seemed that way:

"What have you done with her (the girl)?"
"Cookies need love like the rest of us".

That's pretty f**king harsh!
Sun 09/11/03 at 12:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hmm, that wasn't my interpretation of it. I thought the one that said that line used to be the little girl.

And what happened to Seraph during all that? He just kinda turned up at the end, didn't he?
Sun 09/11/03 at 13:11
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Hmm, that wasn't my interpretation of it. I thought the one that said
> that line used to be the little girl.

I don't think Smith is the raping type.

Anyone notice how he's cool even when it's Bane?
Sun 09/11/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*spoilers probably*

Yeah, that whole trainman scene was just well useless. As was the whole dance and shag scene in Reloaded.

I felt there was too many characters 'added' to Revolutions. Like the kid filling the machines with bullets even though he was Reloaded but still a bit stupid. More pointless was the woman with the grenades, too much time wit her and the guy that took Tank's place. Then the extra people on the other ship that the Smith guy is on.

Stupid Neo as well... 'Who are you'? ITS SMITH YOU IDIOT. And that whole blind thing... 'I can... I can see'... yeah great.

Bits I did like were the fight scene in Zion, maybe got a bit stretched out but effects were amazing even though they ripped off Mechwarrior, I think its called that. Err the Neo/Smith fight was good too... excellent bullet time punch hoho. They did look a bit gay flying about though. I also liked it when the ship was flying towards the machine city and then it flew above the clouds, I just liked that bit for some reason. Trinity took too long to die as well... terrible wooden acting and script. You think they would have improved that a bit, all that hard word and money for special effects but the backbone of the script was just so err crap.

And nobody really went into the Matrix which I missed... Morpheus, Trinity and the other bloke did but only for another fight scene trying to replicate the government lobby in the first which is possibly one of my favourite bits in the trilogy (the first that is).

It was alright but the orignal is genius and the others don't really come up to par.
Sun 09/11/03 at 19:24
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Like
> the kid filling the machines with bullets even though he was Reloaded
> but still a bit stupid.

Watch "the Kid" on the Animatrix DVD if you wanna know why he was in the films.

> More pointless was the woman with the
> grenades, too much time wit her and the guy that took Tank's place.

Hey, SHUT UP! Link was cool. Oh and I think the woman had loads of screen time as she was originally played by Aaliyah.
Mon 10/11/03 at 11:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> it didn't give any easy answers,

We saw two different films.

And what's with Seraph? He couldn't say "oracle" to save his life.

"Owaco"
"Sorry? Oreos?"
"Ow-a-co!"
"What's that Skippy, the boys are trapped down the mineshaft?"
Mon 10/11/03 at 12:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
That's racist
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, just idiotist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.