GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I jinxing the world of gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 18:38
Regular
I'm sorry, you can call me paranoid if you wish but it seems wherever my interests take me things go wrong. I started out console gaming when I bought a SNES off my brother. Shortly after this SNES began to wither and die, it had had a good long life producing many great titles so I thought nothing of it. However my next veture was to the N64 which promptly withered and died leaving only a trail of 4 seriously good titles behind it. Next I choose to save up my pennies and purchase a PS2. Now all I hear is negativaty regarding almost all aspects of the PS2 except for GT3 and MGS2.
Is it happening again??
Please someone, fill me with confidence!
Wed 15/07/09 at 10:18
"The Boss Lady"
'The Realities Which Lie Beneath the Italian Silver Screen' – 2008

Montage Film Reviews Freelancer Simon Collings BA (Hons) has written a review of 'Bellissima' 1951 (dir. Luchino Visconti).

To read the review see HERE
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:24
Yup. I mean, I typically wait for systems to get out and be around a while before I invest in them, but I'm buying the Cube at launch, in utter defiance of what Microsoft is trying to do. I only hope there aren't enough crazies out there to put the X-Box on top.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:21
Regular
True, which is why probably buy 'Cube rather than an X when they come out.

Im glad The Big N has gone for gaming rather than add-ons with their latest offering, lets just hope it doesnt go the way of the N64 eh?
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:18
Sure, but not at the expense of phasing out the console's distinctness from the PC. Sorry, but that's something I'd rather not see. Having them compete with one another is fine, but throwing the PC in there is just asking for trouble. For one thing, it's a lot easier to throw a hack or a cheat into a PC system than it is a console.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:13
Regular
i agree with you completely mate. but the idea of having people from all over the world on all different platforms competing in games online does appeal to me
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:13
In other words...Yeah, I'm still about, mate.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:12
Your Honour:

You've had to full format your machine how many times? A couple, right? Well, how many times have you had to full format your SNES, N64, PS, DC, or GameBoy? None, right?

That's why I don't like this transition to PC-based systems and internal components. I don't want my consoles to become unstable.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:09
Regular
I've had my PC for 18months and i hardly ever have any problems with it, im running win 98se and ive on had to format a couple of times, and one of those was just because i had so much junk on the hard drive. Some people just seem to have loads of problems and others dont.
I dont know why that should be.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:05
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Edgy, you have a seem to have a real problem with micosoft mate,
> have you though of seeing a proffesional :)

I know a lot about Windows and PC's (I'm probably best in my school, it's on my report that my IT teacher couldn't have gone through the year without me helping him!!!) and I know I hate microsoft Windows and other Microsoft products!

Because Windows is being upgraded every year now (or so it seems) Most games that are released are made primarily for the newer OS. So games that I buy don't tend to work as they should.

Then I have to reconfigure Windows to make them work! And when I do that, my computer freezes with a message on screen saying "This program is not responding...." and "This program has had an illegal operation...."

Then things get too bad on my comp so I use the backup disk.

Takes bloody ages and is Ment to restore everything back to it's original settings. It's using a Microsoft backup system so that's dodgy in itself! So dodgy that it keeps all the fauly files after that that I have to go into DOS and delete every single file that needs to be removed manually!

And so it goes on......

That's why I hate Microsoft!
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:06
Regular
i'll probably be around later mate. I think PseudoSavant is about somewhere as well, hes just done i post s im assuming hes still about.

See you later mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.