GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its a sick workd we live in these days."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Luke Barnes. A 14 year old school boy, stabbed; in the heart.

This boy was being bullied and had been in two fights in the last week of his life. He awoke on the morning of his death and told his mum he didn't want to go in through fear of bullies. She decided if he was this afraid she'd let him have the day off, and rang the school to inform them. They ASSURED her that he would be safe if he came in, so she sent him in...

Whilst travelling to a lesson he was confronted by a 15 year old boy, and stabbed in the heart with a 6" knife. He tried to run, to flee his attacker, but was already fataly injured, he collapsed in a pool of blood on the floor, and died from a single stab wound to the heart.

The 15 year old boy had brought the knife intro school with the intention of using it. It has been revealed that he brought it in two days before the murder and showed it off. He had the intention to kill, to take a human life. This boy is scum.

Teachers and schools did thier usual lie of he'll be safe, send him in and he can tell a teacher when really, everyday teachers loose a little bit more control over pupils, and one day will be powerless if thier not already.

The school explaind it has a clean record, well ofcourse it does, everyschool does, but every school also has a giant rug, with every incedent swept under it. Its a knjown fact that schools DONT expell as it would look bad on thier 'offstead' report, whereas suspesions dont have to be declared.

Now the idea that a person is not safe in thier school, from bullies who think they're gangsters, is sickining. We are the future, and our children will have to grow up in worse conditions than this.

I personally an sickend, but not in the least bit shocked. Parents really dont know what really goes on in schools, the school always change things, minimise them to avoid attention and keep a good record.

I have a personal experiance, in a school, I walked into a classroom and a 'ring' of chairs had been set up, I was then attacked, hit in the head with a cast and had my head stamped on in this ring, while people watched like a sport and made bets on winning. The school suspended the boy for 2 days and said nothing more of it. The police we're not allowed to be involved as it was considered a 'school matter'.

All I can see in the future is a worse situation, with no hope of better, and yet nothing will ever be done abot it;

And the rug will continue to grow.
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:35
"I love yo... lamp."
Oh yeah. Sorry.
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:33
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Emmm If that was in regards to my last post i'm Cubist not Gigz. Just thought I'd clear that up :D
Mon 10/11/03 at 21:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
I arent going to make a long and thoughful post, this isnt worth my time because to think about this callous sick piece of work will make my blood boil. I am simply going to say, that lad will be ripped apart when he gets out of prison.
Mon 10/11/03 at 20:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Yes glad it's not left up to you Gigz.

The problem is basically down to the lack of respect for any sort of authority nowadays.

School kids, obviously not all - many are decent enough - get away with so much now. There is no punishment in schools now. I think reintroduction of the belt would be a good thing. The same with smacking. When I was brought up, if I was badly behaved enough I got a smack. It genuinely never did me any harm. I recognise that there is a difference between beating and smacking. Beating isn't right.

But pain, like from the belt or a smack gets the idea of bad behaviour will not be tolerated through. It's almost like cats with water. Skoosh a cat enough with water and it will stop attacking the plants. It learns from an unpleasant experience and amends its behaviour. People should understand the concept far more than animals ever should.

But, as discipline is ever more lacking things get worse. The stabbing was an extreme case I admit. But things are getting worse.

I live near a school. I've seen some pupils pick on others, and beat them to a degree where I've stepped in and broken it up. I've had children ruin my hedge by throwing themselves in it on the way home from school everyday. I would have been inclined to put bamboo cain in it to support it, except the little "£$%s would likely sue me if they injured themselves defacing my property.

Going to the school did nothing. It was outside school afterall. Of absolutely no help at all. Until I produced a video tape of my hedge being wrecked and told them I was giving it to the police. That would damage the schools OFSTED reports I suppose.

Another thought that occured to me. I know a teacher (an English teacher, Goaty be warned) who was attacked for splitting up a fight. He was nearly killed. And they got off with it. He hasn't worked since.

I can understand a schools reluctance to take disciplinary action against a pupil that could reflect badly on the school. I believe however that schools have a responsibility to educate the pupils, not just to things such as maths and english with a smattering of French or science thrown in, but to what is right and wrong. To discipline to enforce the idea that bad behaviour, loutishness and general violence are not acceptable.

But it is all to no avail really. The politicians are forever coming up with ideas for making the world a better place. They are never enforced.

Time for a justice system overhaul by the looks of things. The worse thing is that the killer of that boy will likely be out of his young offenders institute and jail or whatever by the time he is in his early 20's. At the latest.
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I was attacked once outside of my school on the way home by a boy who had just been expelled from my school. It was his last day before he had to go to another and he thought that if he beat up a few people then there would be no consequences as he would be at another school and the teachers couldn't do anything. Unfortunately for him he found me outside of school and out of the 14 people he is rumoured to have fought on buses and so on that day, including me, only 5 people pressed charges against him to the police. Only 5 people. Last I heard he was in some kind of Juvenille detention center (he got expelled from his next school too and started getting into real criminal activities) but I guess he must be out now. I am 16 so he must be about the same age and you get a clean slate when you become an adult. I really wish he would have fried though. If it was up to me any criminal that did so much as shoplift would be jailed for life or given lethal injection. Apart from the fact everyone would be too scared to break the law the ones who do would no longer be a problem. Maybe it's best it's not left up to me though.
Mon 10/11/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Henshin!"
Mr Pink wrote:
> Hybrid-Halo wrote:
> I don't know about the rest of you. But I choose not to make myself
> part of what makes this world sick.
>
> Yea, I know the feeling, but that cant help you when the sick person
> drags you unwillingly in.

It's still possible to fight it, or atleast try to. It's hard to become a sick person without trying to be.

There is definetely alot of sick going around :( sucks.
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
Its terrible things like this are happening all the time.

I found out a boy from my town has died. He was fifteen years old, he was the front passenger in a car. The car supposedly clipped the curb spun uncontrollably and hit a wall at a great force. The passenger died as the dashboard went into his neck. The driver had things broken the two girls in the back were in hospotal with a broken thumb and stitches.
On saturday night walking back from baby sitting a car drove past - A young lad's car on the back a huge white print read 'In loving memory of Rude boy Charlie Green'

The Boy who died was going out with a girl in the back - who was the sister of teh one that crashed them all. How messed up is that.

The Kid that crashed the car is facing a five year prison charge.

Everytime I think of the Luke Barnes case it makes me feel sick that bullying went that far. I know how it feels to be bullied and ones around me I love most be bullied physically. You are scared - but usually it will pass. This kid had not a chance.

Bless his soul
Mon 10/11/03 at 09:40
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Hybrid-Halo wrote:

Yea, I know the feeling, but that cant help you when the sick person drags you unwillingly in.
Sun 09/11/03 at 18:12
Regular
Hybrid-Halo wrote:
> It's a sick, sick world we live in. And the only choice we have is to
> be a part of the sickness or not.
> Alot of us have been attacked or bullied at schools. And nothing is
> ever done about it.
>

yes, there's quite a bit of sick going round, isn't there?
Sun 09/11/03 at 05:21
Regular
"Henshin!"
It's a sick, sick world we live in. And the only choice we have is to be a part of the sickness or not.
Alot of us have been attacked or bullied at schools. And nothing is ever done about it.

I don't know about the rest of you. But I choose not to make myself part of what makes this world sick.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.