GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think i just did something tremendously stupid..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I well my school has a ceildh (sp?) for the two oldest years in my school and me being 2 years away from leaving I get to go. It is in a couple of weeks and today in school we even has to learn how to do Scottish dancing! Anyway there is this girl I've liked for about a year now and I thought this would be the perfect chance to ask her to go out with me even if it was just to the dance.

Unfortunately I wasn't very articulate and I'm too diffident to ask her in person. So I phoned her. I said -

"Hey is ----- there?"
"Yeh sure wait a second I'll just go get her"
"Thanks"
"Hey Stephen (Cubist - ME)"
"Hey, you know how the Ceildh is on the **insert date**"
"Yeh sure"
"Well I was wondering who you were going with, if anyone?"
"I don't know I think I'm just going with the girls"
"Ahhh well if was just wondering if well you wanted to go to it with me?"
"Ohh right, well emm"
"Heh, it was just a thought because I really wanted to ask you first"
"Oh thank you, emmm can I get back to you?"
"Yeh sure thanks, bye ----"
"Bye"

What do you think? Personally I think the real low point was were I said "first" as if I had someone else in mind and although I'm not an expert with women but I don't think that if they say can I get back to you it's a good sign.

I am really worried that I've ruined our friendship now as I have known her for over a year and we used to go to the cinema and so on together. Maybe it was a bad idea all together to ask her but I really felt I had to. You know? If I didn't I would be upset that I missed this opportunity and if I did and it worked out then I would be really happy, I didn't think of the negative.

So on a range of 1 to 10 how stupid do you think I was to ask? 1 being smart and 10 being retarded. Be reasonable though. I know about 2 people who will possibly be reading this and know me so they'll probably start knocking me but it's not as if they didn't know I fancied her or anything.

P.s. Do you think I should tell her that it was me that sent her a valentines card last year? I don't think she ever realised it's me.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
A caliedh is like an ancient scottish thing. It's when people get together (dressed in Kilts and old highland dress normally as I will be) and dance old Scottish Dances like Strip The Willow and so on. It is quite a good event.

Anyway I guess most of you don't think I was that bad. Thanks for all the good comments. I'll you all how it works out...whenever that happens:D
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Light of the world"
Cubist wrote:
> A caliedh is like an ancient scottish thing. It's when people get
> together (dressed in Kilts and old highland dress normally as I will
> be) and dance old Scottish Dances like Strip The Willow and so on. It
> is quite a good event.
>

That is wicked. I went to scotland on hol this year and I love all the traditional things such as a caleidh - I would love to be a little scottish girl dancing around with men in kilts. That would be cool for the day.

Cubist, next time you see her just say - 'I like you and think your a nice person and thought it would be fun for us to go the dance together. If you don't want to thats fine I just thought...'

Bla bla... Act sweet and try to get to be a friend, you'll be more of an impression if you show you have tried and act yourself.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:54
Regular
Trust me mate - Lasses are cryptic. They leave you with messages that cause thinkage and worry.

It'll turn out well on the day.

GER' IN THERE MY SON.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:55
Regular
"Light of the world"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Trust me mate - Lasses are cryptic. They leave you with messages that
> cause thinkage and worry.
>
> It'll turn out well on the day.
>
> GER' IN THERE MY SON.

I LAUGHED HARD AT THIS

Gamezfreak - boy you crack me up.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol thanks all, deffinetely a lot of stuff to take in and I like what you're all saying. If she does say no though do you think I should say "Yeh that's ok, whatever you want. Save me a dance though ok?". Or is that needy?
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:19
Regular
Hurrah!

Cubist.

Don't go asking this forum, you'll be living on a false portrayal of yourself, if you wanna get that lass, just be yourself dude.

And take Enigma with you, makes everything simpler to understand.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:20
Regular
"Teal'c"
I luv u Cubists.
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Ooh, the dance of love...
>
> Just say you fancy her - it's a lot easier than all this
> hint-dropping and valentine card rubbish. And you'll know if she
> 'likes' you or not straight away - if not, you can get right on with
> your life.

I can see it now...

Cubist walks into a room full of people. Through the balloons and party poppers he sights ----- and proceeds to walk over to her...

Cubist : *Gay voice* aaaa fanceeee yooo *Winks*

----: Uh...ok...I'll be...going over here...alone now...

*Walks off into hallway*

*Cubist follows*

*Scream*

*Slap*

*Cubist walks out with his collar hanging out followed by ---*
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:33
Regular
"Light of the world"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I luv u Cubists.
me also

You rock man.

i hope she goes for you sweety you tried I'd of loved a guy to call me up and say 'yo fancy comin to a traditional dance where i wont be wearing underwear'
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Balls"
Lil Ginge wrote:
>
> I'd of loved a guy to call me up and say 'yo fancy comin to a traditional dance where i wont be wearing underwear'

number please. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.