GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think i just did something tremendously stupid..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I well my school has a ceildh (sp?) for the two oldest years in my school and me being 2 years away from leaving I get to go. It is in a couple of weeks and today in school we even has to learn how to do Scottish dancing! Anyway there is this girl I've liked for about a year now and I thought this would be the perfect chance to ask her to go out with me even if it was just to the dance.

Unfortunately I wasn't very articulate and I'm too diffident to ask her in person. So I phoned her. I said -

"Hey is ----- there?"
"Yeh sure wait a second I'll just go get her"
"Thanks"
"Hey Stephen (Cubist - ME)"
"Hey, you know how the Ceildh is on the **insert date**"
"Yeh sure"
"Well I was wondering who you were going with, if anyone?"
"I don't know I think I'm just going with the girls"
"Ahhh well if was just wondering if well you wanted to go to it with me?"
"Ohh right, well emm"
"Heh, it was just a thought because I really wanted to ask you first"
"Oh thank you, emmm can I get back to you?"
"Yeh sure thanks, bye ----"
"Bye"

What do you think? Personally I think the real low point was were I said "first" as if I had someone else in mind and although I'm not an expert with women but I don't think that if they say can I get back to you it's a good sign.

I am really worried that I've ruined our friendship now as I have known her for over a year and we used to go to the cinema and so on together. Maybe it was a bad idea all together to ask her but I really felt I had to. You know? If I didn't I would be upset that I missed this opportunity and if I did and it worked out then I would be really happy, I didn't think of the negative.

So on a range of 1 to 10 how stupid do you think I was to ask? 1 being smart and 10 being retarded. Be reasonable though. I know about 2 people who will possibly be reading this and know me so they'll probably start knocking me but it's not as if they didn't know I fancied her or anything.

P.s. Do you think I should tell her that it was me that sent her a valentines card last year? I don't think she ever realised it's me.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I well my school has a ceildh (sp?) for the two oldest years in my school and me being 2 years away from leaving I get to go. It is in a couple of weeks and today in school we even has to learn how to do Scottish dancing! Anyway there is this girl I've liked for about a year now and I thought this would be the perfect chance to ask her to go out with me even if it was just to the dance.

Unfortunately I wasn't very articulate and I'm too diffident to ask her in person. So I phoned her. I said -

"Hey is ----- there?"
"Yeh sure wait a second I'll just go get her"
"Thanks"
"Hey Stephen (Cubist - ME)"
"Hey, you know how the Ceildh is on the **insert date**"
"Yeh sure"
"Well I was wondering who you were going with, if anyone?"
"I don't know I think I'm just going with the girls"
"Ahhh well if was just wondering if well you wanted to go to it with me?"
"Ohh right, well emm"
"Heh, it was just a thought because I really wanted to ask you first"
"Oh thank you, emmm can I get back to you?"
"Yeh sure thanks, bye ----"
"Bye"

What do you think? Personally I think the real low point was were I said "first" as if I had someone else in mind and although I'm not an expert with women but I don't think that if they say can I get back to you it's a good sign.

I am really worried that I've ruined our friendship now as I have known her for over a year and we used to go to the cinema and so on together. Maybe it was a bad idea all together to ask her but I really felt I had to. You know? If I didn't I would be upset that I missed this opportunity and if I did and it worked out then I would be really happy, I didn't think of the negative.

So on a range of 1 to 10 how stupid do you think I was to ask? 1 being smart and 10 being retarded. Be reasonable though. I know about 2 people who will possibly be reading this and know me so they'll probably start knocking me but it's not as if they didn't know I fancied her or anything.

P.s. Do you think I should tell her that it was me that sent her a valentines card last year? I don't think she ever realised it's me.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cubist wrote:
> I well my school has a ceildh (sp?) for the two oldest years in my
> school and me being 2 years away from leaving I get to go. It is in a
> couple of weeks and today in school we even has to learn how to do
> Scottish dancing! Anyway there is this girl I've liked for about a
> year now and I thought this would be the perfect chance to ask her to
> go out with me even if it was just to the dance.

Aha, popular school social event. Good chance to pull but it is very old fashioned to ask a gal to one of these things. At my school prom, which I spent in the emergency room of the Leeds General Infirmary getting my head stitched up (remember my fence tumbling) most people went in groups of mates rather than 'dates'. It's a dance, we have an xmas one at college/school so you will get to ask a lass to dance whilst you're there but taking them is a bad idea, (you'd have to get transport and buy drinks).

> Unfortunately I wasn't very articulate and I'm too diffident to ask
> her in person. So I phoned her. I said -
>
> "Hey is ----- there?"
> "Yeh sure wait a second I'll just go get her"
> "Thanks"
> "Hey Stephen (Cubist - ME)"
> "Hey, you know how the Ceildh is on the **insert date**"
> "Yeh sure"
> "Well I was wondering who you were going with, if anyone?"
> "I don't know I think I'm just going with the girls"
> "Ahhh well if was just wondering if well you wanted to go to it
> with me?"
> "Ohh right, well emm"
> "Heh, it was just a thought because I really wanted to ask you
> first"
> "Oh thank you, emmm can I get back to you?"
> "Yeh sure thanks, bye ----"
> "Bye"

Didnt go too bad. I got asked by a few gals, tactfully, if I was 'going to the prom with anyone, because I kinda sorta thought we could go together maybe..' but I wanted to go with my friends because some were leaving school etc. Mates are always more important than potential bonks.

> What do you think? Personally I think the real low point was were I
> said "first" as if I had someone else in mind and although
> I'm not an expert with women but I don't think that if they say can I
> get back to you it's a good sign.

If she has pre-arranged to go with her girlfriends but she likes you too, she cannot just ditch them straight away. Maybe you will just dance with her there instead.

> I am really worried that I've ruined our friendship now

SHUT UP YOU WOMAN!

> as I have
> known her for over a year and we used to go to the cinema and so on
> together.

So you were sorta 'seeing each other' we call it here.

Maybe it was a bad idea all together to ask her but I
> really felt I had to. You know? If I didn't I would be upset that I
> missed this opportunity and if I did and it worked out then I would
> be really happy, I didn't think of the negative.

She's not said "no" or castrated you in your sleep so keep your chin up and even if she says "no I wont go with you", keep your dignity and dont beg her or something spazzy. You asked like a gent and if she turns you down, so be it.
>
> So on a range of 1 to 10 how stupid do you think I was to ask? 1
> being smart and 10 being retarded. Be reasonable though. I know about
> 2 people who will possibly be reading this and know me so they'll
> probably start knocking me but it's not as if they didn't know I
> fancied her or anything.

I'd say 2, you like her and instead of being some coward, you got the guts to ask her, and not over msn or by txt like cowards do. If she goes with you, cool, if not - keep trying. She wont hate you, women arent that complex.
>
> P.s. Do you think I should tell her that it was me that sent her a
> valentines card last year? I don't think she ever realised it's me.

No, thats grasping at straws.

Hope I was helpful.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Shouldn't worry about it. The phone call doesn't sound to bad. I have done worse!(I will not type what happened)
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Nothing wrong with that.

She is either going to say yes or no isn't she.
She says yes then you go and have a laugh with her, dance with others and enjoy it.

if she says no then you go with mates, dance with more girls and enjoy yourself.

The fact is that you took a chance, one that others probably might not take so you wont have to sit and wonder later on what if I had phoned her etc.

Oh and if she says no, make sure you still talk to her and don't totally ignore her.
But enjoy it, they were always the highlight of school days when I was there.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Light of the world"
YOU ARE SO CUTE!
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:41
"period drama"
Ooh, the dance of love...

Just say you fancy her - it's a lot easier than all this hint-dropping and valentine card rubbish. And you'll know if she 'likes' you or not straight away - if not, you can get right on with your life.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not too sure i mean if she really wanted to go out then she would have said yes right away. In my experience if a woman says let me think about it, it's not usually a good sign. All the times i've asked a girl out and we actually went out together was when she answered straight away.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:46
So a ceildh is just another name for some dance or whatever, because I've never heard of such a name before. Sounds like somehting ancient.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> YOU ARE SO CUTE!

Thanks.
Wed 05/11/03 at 20:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Icarus wrote:
> So a ceildh is just another name for some dance or whatever, because
> I've never heard of such a name before. Sounds like somehting
> ancient.

Or a typo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.