GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think i just did something tremendously stupid..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I well my school has a ceildh (sp?) for the two oldest years in my school and me being 2 years away from leaving I get to go. It is in a couple of weeks and today in school we even has to learn how to do Scottish dancing! Anyway there is this girl I've liked for about a year now and I thought this would be the perfect chance to ask her to go out with me even if it was just to the dance.

Unfortunately I wasn't very articulate and I'm too diffident to ask her in person. So I phoned her. I said -

"Hey is ----- there?"
"Yeh sure wait a second I'll just go get her"
"Thanks"
"Hey Stephen (Cubist - ME)"
"Hey, you know how the Ceildh is on the **insert date**"
"Yeh sure"
"Well I was wondering who you were going with, if anyone?"
"I don't know I think I'm just going with the girls"
"Ahhh well if was just wondering if well you wanted to go to it with me?"
"Ohh right, well emm"
"Heh, it was just a thought because I really wanted to ask you first"
"Oh thank you, emmm can I get back to you?"
"Yeh sure thanks, bye ----"
"Bye"

What do you think? Personally I think the real low point was were I said "first" as if I had someone else in mind and although I'm not an expert with women but I don't think that if they say can I get back to you it's a good sign.

I am really worried that I've ruined our friendship now as I have known her for over a year and we used to go to the cinema and so on together. Maybe it was a bad idea all together to ask her but I really felt I had to. You know? If I didn't I would be upset that I missed this opportunity and if I did and it worked out then I would be really happy, I didn't think of the negative.

So on a range of 1 to 10 how stupid do you think I was to ask? 1 being smart and 10 being retarded. Be reasonable though. I know about 2 people who will possibly be reading this and know me so they'll probably start knocking me but it's not as if they didn't know I fancied her or anything.

P.s. Do you think I should tell her that it was me that sent her a valentines card last year? I don't think she ever realised it's me.
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I say good on ya for asking! Atleast you know now mate!
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
A shy bairn gets nowt.

Worrying about saying "first" is nothing. Worrying about whether you have made a t|t of yourself when asking somebody out is what everybody does bar none. I've dropped some right clangers in my time :)
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:33
"Mimmargh!"
Don't fall into the Friend Zone if you have a chance of escaping.

If it does destroy the friendship look at it this way; you can only have one lover but I am sure you have many more friends. (You could have several lovers but not a good idea) If she doesn't respect you for at least trying then eliminate her.

I know Xerxes is cold hearted but he is just bitter. Bitter and lonely.

Adeiu.
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:09
Though you can ask and still not get, if you know what I mean.
Thu 06/11/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Answering the topic post - if you don't ask, you don't get. Simple. I applaud your courage. People should do that more often.
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:54
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Can't beat a good pair of Scottish Legs ;P Woo go Scots **runs from all the English Forum Members before they think of something better**
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Balls"
humm criticisms at the ready
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:38
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heh well call me a traditionalist (if that's a word) but that's how I go about telling someone I like them normally. It may not work, in my experience, but it's what I do. What would be really brave of me is to post a picture of myself all dressed up in my kilt on the night. That'd send you all into fits of laughter lol:D
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:21
You are alot braver then me :S
Wed 05/11/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
Yea don't worry about it, these people who think that just because you have asked someone out it spoils a friendship are insane, if you like them why not?

Half the time I have found that the people that I have asked out have made great mates.

Good on you for askin her

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.