GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chat room bans in colleges"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 10:09
Regular
"chat rooms banned"
Should chat rooms be banned in colleges? Do u think that they r safe enough
please respond
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:53
Netscape you mean?
It's another browser like internet explorer.
But they (if you are like our school) only have internet explorer on their computer so when you install and run netscape none of the site have been told to be banned, only the one using internet explorer.

But if you do download and install it make sure you dont install it in to a place were they will find it.

But this is why i am banned from the school computers till after christmas.
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Balls"
we used to beable to get passed blocked besites using google search, then getting images, and it worked fine, they found that out and banned goggle image search. whats that program do, that one that you installed on every computer?
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:45
Yea it's banned at mine because it has the word chat in it, but what this teacher also does because he is such a sad ass, he looks at the weblog every night after school and looks at the 10 top visited sites of today, and if they are nothing to do with school then they get banned.
The amount of sites that have been banned now is just stupid.
So if you find a good site then keep it to yourself that way it wont get banned, but if loads of people think that it is good, loads of people visit it, then it will show up on the top 10 visited pages of today and get banned.

I was talking to the I.T teacher about it today, he was saying that this I.T teacher is a bit of a moany git, but he then whent on to say;
"Wasnt it you Robin who installed netscape on half the computers, got round every banned site?"
Heh yes it was, but 2 computers got screwed up (god know why) in the process.
"Also didn't you find a way to get round blocked sites using normal internet explorer"
Yes i did that too, but i didnt say that i went into the C drive and just deleted a few of their log files.
So we just started talking about how if you think about it you can get passed blocked websites easilly. Heh cool I.T teacher.
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Balls"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> My High school has banned ukchat forums, mainly because the url has
> the word "Chat" in it.
>
> Stupid school and their stupid rules.

mine does the same, we cant even look at the google images.
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:35
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
it is not banned in my school yet hahahahahaha
they only bann websites people vist at school
and i am afaid the old ukchatforums isn't my schools favorite website!
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:34
CGJ wrote:
But im not going to chat whilst I am
> in school mind.

Well for example today 4th lesson we got a free lesson because lots of people were off doing this one world thing, and we were in the computer room so i wanted to go on it then.
Also lunch time is very boring so i could go on it then, but not this year as i am banned till after christmas :)

GO ME!!!
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:20
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Its been filtered in my school! But im not going to chat whilst I am in school mind.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:49
My High school has banned ukchat forums, mainly because the url has the word "Chat" in it.

Stupid school and their stupid rules.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
You mug!
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
"All about the Beats"
My college has banned UkChatforums.com!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.