GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hey everybody!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/11/03 at 15:39
Regular
"cherries....."
whats up people how was your weekend???
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Lost my first grandparent at age 19, less than a year ago now.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Light of the world"
yea thats why i am bit worried.

I have a full set of grandparents which at 17 makes me damn well lucky.

i remember loosing my great gran but I was still young and it wasnt as close as my grandparents.

With my nan just going in to hospital as well at moment (nan on other side of family) everything is happening at once. So my family stressed at the moment.

Losing him is gonna hurt so bad. I hate thinking of inevitable. i talk with him so much, we are closer than most grandad/granddaughter bonds.. I am the eldest out of the five and was first girl to be born in forty years, we get along so well i hate to see him like this.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Carl is 23, his Nan was about 70 I think, although I'm not sure. Its tough for him because this is the first time someone close to him died. I've lost 3 Grandparents, but Carl only ever knew his Nannie and Grandie. I do know what it feels like. When I lost my Granny I howled and screamed.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Light of the world"
Isnt it just! When anything like this happens you just want to miraculously heal everything or change time...

Of course we can do no such thing and have to deal with it like a normal human being. But it sucks temporarily! How old was she? How old is Carl?

It might be a nice idea when he is a little less distraught to explain that although she is gone and it was sudden he had a grandma for a long time. Alot of people loose them when they are too young to remember their grandparents. Others are born without them. Trying to throw in some positive factors might do good.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I know your right. Still there is a part of me that believes that I should just be able to wave a magic wand and make everthing better. and I sort of feel like I'm failing because I can't do that. I know thats nonsense really though.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:23
Regular
"cherries....."
Rosalind wrote:
> Carl's Mom is also pretty devestated, she went off on her own for a
> while last night, but its a big family and they all pull together
> when something like this happens. Unfortunatly Carl and Nita are
> away from the rest of the family at the moment, and with it being so
> sudden they could really get down in time to see her before she died.
> So they only have each other (and me) at the moment, but I'm doing
> my best to keep everything going and organise stuff to do. I don't
> know what else to do.

>i think your doing enough just by being there for him he'll probably need some 1 to talk to but its always good to do as much as you can for some one who will need you at a time like this
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Light of the world"
seems like your being supportive to point you can be. All you can do is be a shoulder to cry on and tell him how much you love him really. Its hard to know what to do at times like this ay! At least he has his sister and his sister has him if they was away from all family on their own it would be worse. They just need time to grieve, it gonna be hard for everyone but he will really appreciate how you hekping im sure.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Carl's Mom is also pretty devestated, she went off on her own for a while last night, but its a big family and they all pull together when something like this happens. Unfortunatly Carl and Nita are away from the rest of the family at the moment, and with it being so sudden they could really get down in time to see her before she died. So they only have each other (and me) at the moment, but I'm doing my best to keep everything going and organise stuff to do. I don't know what else to do.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Indeed. Sudden deaths are hard to take, but at least you'll remember that person more as you'd like to, rather than as someone who has deteriorated to the point where they no longer control most of their bodily functions.
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Light of the world"
Yea.

You can't compare this to that though! I see it as ok its bad he getting worse but its happening we have to deal with it. I have to love and remember moments he was ok and help my nan out. I feel so sorry for your babe though. I know aint too long till... yea. Don't be sorry. hell it helps to talk about it for once!

Hows carl's mum and stuff?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.