GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The advert situation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 19:36
Regular
Well I'll be boogered!

I know EA sponsored a show recently, the same one which saw Nintendo licking a certain retailer's backside, but I didn't expect what I saw on TV in the middle of me Sunday trekking of Enterprise:

"It's not what you do on the ball. It's what you do off the ball."

That's right. The Fifa 2004 advert.

Nothing unusual about that so far? It's a multiformat game.

HOWEVER, despite it being multiformat, Electronic Arts have taken a different approach to advertising it. For as te advert ended, it showed the GameCube logo - ONLY!

Normally, for a multiformat release, you'd see Xbox, Playstation 2 and if you're lucky, Game Boy Advance...but not GameCube!

So whatever deals have been signed, my congrats go to Nintendo for advertising with EA on this game. It may not be the best game in the world, but EA are the largest third party developers, so its good to see them working together in some shape or form.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:09
Regular
I was looking forward to giving a good tanning...

Fair play, give me your address and I'll send the picture.

Or not :D
Mon 03/11/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Teal'c"
Actually dooz, it was me who brought up Enterprise.
But anyway Edgy as you could maybe tell, I watch it too. It was only a small joke, no need to become enraged and try to spank me.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:26
Regular
Please explain why that is relevant. How my brief mention of it causes you to go way off topic, let loose a spoiler and then blame me for doing so is relevant to the Fifa 2004 advert shown in between certain sections.

Where have I mentioned anything to do with ANY of the episodes, or anything to do with the show other than it's name and the fact I enjoy watching it?

If you come up with anything that I decide to be an intelligent answer to those two questions, I may send you a picture of my backside.
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:13
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
you're the one who brought up the topic of enterprise
Mon 03/11/03 at 20:57
Regular
So you're saying that despite whatever circumstances I was in if and when it was shown on terrestrial TV, I have to have seen it or atleast have read reviews of it just because I follow the show?
Mon 03/11/03 at 19:22
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Edgy wrote:
> dooz2k2 wrote:
>
> yay for star trek!!!
>
> (altho i'm not too keen on 'enterprise', but at least they found a
> way of working the Borg into it)
>
> Now why didn't you add *SPOILER* or something like that at the top of
> your message?

because i saw it on TV ages ago, plus it is undoubtably in many reviews, etc of Enterprise
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:24
Regular
Just put the axe down.
Sun 02/11/03 at 23:23
Regular
Van The Man wrote:
> I have seen many adverts which have not shown the GameCube logo on
> multi-format games. I went mad.

Most of the times publishers put all the formats the game is being released on. If the game has a different publisher like Soul Calibur for a different console then unless they advertise it too you won't get that logo on the advert.

It's funny that SC2 didn't have the logo for the Gamecube on the advert and Gamecube has a really small user base and still managed to sell the most copies of it during it's release period. So the FIFA thing probably doesn't change much.

As for Enterprise... It's a fantastic show which is good enough to have go in my books.
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:53
Regular
Hence the reason I was suprised only to see the GameCube logo.
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I have seen many adverts which have not shown the GameCube logo on multi-format games. I went mad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.