GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The advert situation"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/11/03 at 19:36
Regular
Well I'll be boogered!

I know EA sponsored a show recently, the same one which saw Nintendo licking a certain retailer's backside, but I didn't expect what I saw on TV in the middle of me Sunday trekking of Enterprise:

"It's not what you do on the ball. It's what you do off the ball."

That's right. The Fifa 2004 advert.

Nothing unusual about that so far? It's a multiformat game.

HOWEVER, despite it being multiformat, Electronic Arts have taken a different approach to advertising it. For as te advert ended, it showed the GameCube logo - ONLY!

Normally, for a multiformat release, you'd see Xbox, Playstation 2 and if you're lucky, Game Boy Advance...but not GameCube!

So whatever deals have been signed, my congrats go to Nintendo for advertising with EA on this game. It may not be the best game in the world, but EA are the largest third party developers, so its good to see them working together in some shape or form.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:36
Regular
Well I'll be boogered!

I know EA sponsored a show recently, the same one which saw Nintendo licking a certain retailer's backside, but I didn't expect what I saw on TV in the middle of me Sunday trekking of Enterprise:

"It's not what you do on the ball. It's what you do off the ball."

That's right. The Fifa 2004 advert.

Nothing unusual about that so far? It's a multiformat game.

HOWEVER, despite it being multiformat, Electronic Arts have taken a different approach to advertising it. For as te advert ended, it showed the GameCube logo - ONLY!

Normally, for a multiformat release, you'd see Xbox, Playstation 2 and if you're lucky, Game Boy Advance...but not GameCube!

So whatever deals have been signed, my congrats go to Nintendo for advertising with EA on this game. It may not be the best game in the world, but EA are the largest third party developers, so its good to see them working together in some shape or form.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:47
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
They have been working together - they did a deal earlier in the year. Without it, there wouldn't be any of this GBA-GC connectivity that has been seen on some of the EA Sports 2004 games such as Tiger Woods and FIFA of course.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Teal'c"
You didn't see that during 'Enterprise' did you?
If so, shame on you for watching such a tediously poor programme.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:54
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
No actually it was in NGC magazine
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> You didn't see that during 'Enterprise' did you?
> If so, shame on you for watching such a tediously poor programme.

That's when I saw it, and if you knew the advert was on during 'Enterprise', then you must have been watching it too, J. For shame.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:05
Regular
Nintendo are beginning their attempt to capitalise on the West. Their Eastern ties with developers, shops and various other situations has allowed the Gamecube to do very well in home territory.

Despite slow the EA deal and GAME deal is the start of their difficult task to do better in the West.

No neccessarily win (despite what they say) but do well...

Not allowing Microsoft to break away like Sony for example.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I believe the logo also rotates around once, if i remember rightly. Very nice.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:23
Regular
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> You didn't see that during 'Enterprise' did you?
> If so, shame on you for watching such a tediously poor programme.

I am a fan of the Science Fiction known as Star Trek. If I choose to watch it, that is my preogative. And considering that is not what is of discussion, unless you want to include the link of advertising games when a Sci-Fi show is on, then I would appreciate it if you stick to the topic at hand, or atleast stop being single minded.
Sun 02/11/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Teal'c"
:'(
Sun 02/11/03 at 21:32
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I am a fan of the Science Fiction known as Star Trek. If I choose to
> watch it, that is my preogative. And considering that is not what is
> of discussion, unless you want to include the link of advertising
> games when a Sci-Fi show is on, then I would appreciate it if you
> stick to the topic at hand, or atleast stop being single minded.

Dude :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.