GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reality TV Gone Mad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/11/03 at 12:36
Regular
I recently read about a TV show that has been filmed for Sky1 in which a bunch of young blokes compete for the attentions of this young woman who looks a little bit like Victoria Beckham. The show is entitled “There’s something about Miriam”, and indeed there is – the lovely good-looking Miriam… is really a bloke. Yes, HE is a post-op transsexual with breasts and a pretty face, but still has the wedding tackle.

The blokes taking part in the reality show were not told that Miriam was anything out of the ordinary until in the final episode where (s)he lifts up his/her skirt to show the, well, dangly bits. This wouldn’t be all that bad but Miriam has been flirting with and having brief snogs with most of the lads competing and of course the lads taking place felt utterly violated.

The contestants are taking the producers of the show to court and trying to prevent the show from being aired. As you would expect, they feel violated and lied to. It is not obvious that Miriam is a bloke to look at, there is a picture of her/him in most of the tabloids today with this story in some shape or form. Whether you can tell or not, I do NOT want to watch some he-she kissing a bunch of young blokes who are unaware of the gender of Miriam. It is sick, gross-out TV.

This is clearly the developers trying a new slant on reality TV, a market flooded with samey shows like Pop Idol, Fame Academy and other crap I wouldn’t watch if my life depended on it. However I think this slant is a little too extreme and would be best suited to the likes of Japan where light entertainment consists of men piercing their eyelids with ballpoint pens.

’There’s something about Miriam’ is the entertainment equivalent of committing suicide by overdosing on laxatives.
Mon 03/11/03 at 09:05
"Mimmargh!"
Mi/\\/dfrig wrote:
> Emperor Xerxes wrote:
>
> Xerxes wonders why Black Glove has not payed his anal tribute.
>
>
> Lol.

Mi/\\/dfrig you worry me sometimes.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
Emperor Xerxes wrote:

> Xerxes wonders why Black Glove has not payed his anal tribute.

Lol.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:51
"Mimmargh!"
Black Glove wrote:
> Black Glove wonders why the Emperor Xerxes is suddenly speaking in the
> third person...?

Xerxes wonders why Black Glove has not payed his annual tribute.

And Phenix!!! Xerxes is just excentric not crazy.

That will be all.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:49
Regular
Yeah I agee, its perverse and deceitful.

If it is aired do you think they will get a large audience?
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:12
Regular
I read about this on my lunch break today at work.

I'm not attempting to bash the transexual/homosexual community here, but I find this program morally wrong and cruel. People choose to do what they want with their sexuality, and these young lads are being (implicitly) forced to sexually interract with a person of the same sex (in a form of deceit!). Now to some people that's ok, but in my books I find that cruel and disgusting to the lad's in question.

How would you like it if you found out your 'bird had a penis?

Thank god the program is being postponed for legal reasons.
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:47
Regular
Xerxes needs no explanation.
(Crazy)
Sun 02/11/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Black Glove wonders why the Emperor Xerxes is suddenly speaking in the third person...?
Sun 02/11/03 at 11:21
"Mimmargh!"
Xerxes is both scared and highly amused at the same time.

He wonders just how it is that reality TV has come to this. What next? Telling people where the shop is and it actually leads to a lion den? Filming people in the bathroom!? This is a worrying trend on TV my friends and all the more worrying to Xerxes since such shows seem to be very popular.

Xerxes would not ban these shows though since if people are really discusted then they will stop watching which will end the show. If this does not happen it is a problem with society not the TV show.

That is all.
Sat 01/11/03 at 18:42
Regular
I've not seen trainspotting,dont think I will not either!
Sat 01/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
scenes not unlike the one in trainspotting, featuring begbie and a tranny spring to mind

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.